Chapter 3: The Dark Lord Strikes

As the rebels boarded the shuttle with the transponders, the shuttle immediately took off! As they were entering the atmosphere, the landing ramp opened up. Sabine and Zeb came down the ramp slowly, with the transponders! They push them into the air, and they return inside the ship, and the landing ramp closed.

In orbit, the Imperial blockade stood in formation over Lothal. Admiral Kassius Konstantine was in command of the blockade over Lothal. As he stood on the command bridge, overlooking Lothal's atmosphere, one of the Imperial staff approached him with news about the Rebels and the stolen Imperial Shuttle!

"Admiral, I'm scanning a ship leaving the surface in Sector 4. Its transponder codes match those of the stolen Imperial shuttle." He said.

"Order all fighters to intercept." Konstantine replied.

Then another Imperial Officer approached Konstantine with another report...

"Sir, I'm scanning the same transponder in Sector 9." He said.

"There must be a mistake." Konstantine said. "Re-scan!"

Then another officer approached Konstantine with more news, this started to annoy Konstantine!

"I'm tracking the identical signal in Sector 11 and Sector 5." The officer said.

As the Tie Fighters dispatched to intercept the transponders, the Rebels started to enter orbit.

"The Empire's takin' the bait." Kanan said.

"Their fighters are splittin' up." Darrel said.

"All right. Let's make our run." Hera said.

Meanwhile, back on Konstantine's ship, there were more reports!

"We have a TIE reporting in, Admiral. It appears to be some kind of device sending out a signal." An officer said.

"Delta Squadron is reporting another device." Another officer said.

"Order our pilots to destroy them. The rebels are trying to mask their escape." Konstantine replied.

"Sir, one of the transponders is moving into orbit. It's breaking out!" An officer cried.

"All ships converge on that signal!" Konstantine ordered.

The Rebels finally entered orbit and flew past the blockade and prepared for lightspeed!

"Looks like they figured it out." Kanan said.

"It's too late, boys." Hera replied with a smirk as she flipped a switch to jump into hyperspace.

Back on the Imperial ship, an officer gave Konstantine a status report!

"The signal is gone. They've jumped." An officer said.

Later, on the shuttle. Hera walked down the ladder to see her fellow allies!

"Never thought I'd say this, but thank you, Lando Calrissian." Hera said in relief.

"So if we can't go back to Lothal, where are we going?" Kanan said.

"What are you talking about? We're part of the rebellion now." Hera replied.

Kanan scoffed and looked at his friends.

"Are we? Are we all sure about that?" Kanan asked.

"Maybe we could just grab the Ghost and lay low for a while." Sabine suggested.

"I like fighting with Phoenix Squadron. Reminds me of the Honor Guard." Zeb said. "Besides, they're counting on us. Wouldn't be right to abandon them now."