Chapter 27: The Last Battle

The Ghost descended into the atmosphere of the planet Agamar. The Ghost landed near the wreck of a former Separatist supply ship. The Spectres and Captain Rex disembark from the ship.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" Hera asked, concern evident in her voice.

"I'm sure everything will go horribly wrong," Kanan joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"It would be weird if it didn't," Zalo chimed in, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

"We'll be fine," Ezra reassured them, his confidence shining through. "Besides, we've got a Clone Wars veteran with us."

"Ready, Captain?" Kanan asked the Clone.

"Yes, sir, General. Kanan" Rex replied as he put on his helmet.

The Ghost then took off and left the planet.

"There was a battle here during the Clone Wars," Rex said, his voice filled with nostalgia. "It's the perfect place to find weapons, ammo, maybe even some proton bombs."

Ezra picked up the old head of a B1 Battle Droid and examined it closely. "Hey, was this a Separatist Battle droid?" he asked, his curiosity evident.

"Ah, yeah, that's right," Rex confirmed, a tinge of reminiscence in his voice. "This place used to be crawling with them. We called them clankers."

"Clankers," Zeb chuckled, a mischievous grin forming on his face. "I like that. It suits them."

"How many of these things do you think you blasted?" Zalo asked.

"I don't know. Thousands." Rex responded. "Probably tens of thousands. Never kept count like some of the boys."

Ezra throw the droid head away, "They don't look very dangerous."

Rex quickly turned around and faced the young Jedi.

"Listen, those droids wiped out a lot of Republic troopers!" Rex's voice carried a mix of sorrow and anger. "Many of them were my friends."

As Rex walked away from Ezra, Kanan approached the young rebel. "It's not your fault," Kanan reassured him. "Rex has just been through a lot. Battles leave scars, some you can't see."

The rebels swiftly made their way inside the downed Separatist ship, carefully scanning the perimeter for any hidden weapons. As they searched, Zalo's keen eyes spotted something of interest.

"Well, look at that," Zalo exclaimed. "We've hit the jackpot. This place is fully loaded with more proton bombs than we can carry."

"Good work, Lieutenant," Kanan praised. "Now, let's not waste any time. We need to move."

The rebels moved towards the cache of bombs, ready to gather their newfound arsenal. However, their progress was abruptly halted by the appearance of a ray shield.

"A ray shield?" Zalo questioned, puzzled by the unexpected obstacle.

"Who activated it?" Rex demanded, scanning their surroundings for any signs of the culprit.

To their astonishment, the rebels found themselves suddenly surrounded by battle droids, their metallic forms reminiscent of a long-gone era.

"Are those battle droids?" Ezra's voice filled with disbelief. "I thought the battle droids were shut down."

"Well, these ones clearly weren't," Zeb growled, gripping his rifle tightly.

"You have been captured by the Separatist Alliance," the lead droid declared, its metallic voice resonating through the air.