Chapter 51

Uriah's Pov

Four goes on an on about his plans for Tris' birthday. He has really thought this out. It's a lot, but very plain and simple too.

Me: Why don't you just take her to the movies and buy a cake from Publix?

Him: Dude, I cant.

Me: Why?

Him: Well, there's no good movies right now, and I need to make this special.

Me: You're over exaggerating.

Him: Your overly annoying.

Me: Touché.

So, we left it at that.

Tris' Pov

I am in a field. Dry grass cover the ground for miles and miles, neverending. I take in my surroundings, trying to figure out were I am. There seems to be no present sign of living beings, except for the lonesome crow circling the sky very high above my head. That is, until it slows its pace and dips down. My feet seem to be glued to the ground. Why can't I move?

The crow's talons grip my right shoulder hard, flapping it's wings a little. Its claws tighten and tighten within each second and soon enough, my hands are prying at the animal's claws. "Ugh!" I groan as the claws don't budge. More flapping sounds in the background. I swat the bird perched on my shoulder and in return it pecks my neck. Another bird lands on my left shoulder, pecking my neck. Multiple stings ring through my body as more and more crows mount onto my body. My breathing accelerates rapidly as I fall down on my hands and knees, due to the weight of dozens upon dozen birds on me. I try my best to crawl, and actually succeed. Where do I go? What do I do? My hand touches a damp spot of grass. How? I lift my head and see a hole in the ground, just big enough to fit my small frame. I crawl some more, finally reaching the hole.

"C'mon Tris, you can do it." I tell myself. As I try and dip my head, more crows come at me; at my face. I cry out in pain. They peck at my face, multiple at a time. Black dots surround my vision, until it all goes black.

I sit up, drenched in sweat, breathing heavily. What just happened? I look around, to find that I am in my room. Safe and sound. I place my face into my hands and try to calm myself down. But as I think about this dream -more like nightmare- a feeling of worry washes over me. That seemed too real, but in the back of my head I knew it wasn't.

After a while of thinking, I finally get up and do the morning essentials. While I'm brushing my teeth, my phone rings. Looking at the caller ID it said: Tobias. I decide to pick it up.

"Hey baby," He greets. I flush at his words. Great, now another situation to bite me in the ass. What's happening, or may I say, what's going to happen with us? And, since when is he romantic like this?

"Hi?" I answer.

"Hey how's it going?"

"I'm bwushing mah teef." I respond, swishing the toothpaste around in my mouth.

"I can hear," He points out. "Wait a sec."

In the background, I can here Zeke yell "Bro just ask her what size she is!" Um...

"Hey Trissy," Uriah's voice booms through the phone.

"Uriah..." I warn.

"Whatever, anyways, what's your sho-"

"Seven and a half. I heard Zeke." I tell him.

"Tris!" Tobias' voice replaces Uriah's.

"Dude I swear if you either A- do something big for my birthday, or B- get me expensive shoes, I will never talk to you." I inform him. I was never really interested in celebrating birthdays. It happens every year, and is going to for as long as you live so what's the point?

"You seriously think I'm going to over-do it?" The mock hurt is clear in his voice.

"I don't know maybe. I'm not gonna go to school that day. Oh and speaking of school, during lunch show me what I missed. Gotta go bye."

"Okay, bye."
~
I though it would be cool to add her fear (or fears, we don't know yet) since it's such an important part to the trilogy.

vote and comment, ilya🍀