Chapter 42

Tris' Pov

My head stirs as I wake up from my nap. Judging from how dark it is outside, I'd say it's around 7 o'clock. Great, now I'm not going to be able to sleep later. I slowly turn my head to the left and scream. Tobias jumps up and holds his hands up in defeat.

"What the hell man!" I cry, burying my face in a pillow. I breathe heavily into it. Man he scared the shit out of me. My face hurts a lot so I bring a finger up to my cheek, causing even more pain. Did it get worst?

"How are you feeling?" Tobias asks me.

The awkward tension is unreal. It's killing me.

"Like hell. Dammit, I just noticed we have math and gym with Peter and his possy. They're going to beat the shit out of me." I say. Tears start to trickle down my cheek, and Tobias hugs me. Since when did I become so vulnerable? I guess I'm just purely scared.

"Sh, Tris it's okay. I'll be right by your side. Always." Tobias coos. I smile against his chest and wrap my arms around him tight. Oh how I miss this.

I bury my face in the crook of his neck and relax. Out of nowhere, I start crying. Again. "What's wrong now?" Tobias asks, concerned.

"I ah... I um... just miss this."

"This?"

"Yes this. You know what, just forget that I ever mentioned anything." Sudden anger fills me as the picture of him and Molly flood my head.

"Tris, I can't and won't forget. I always have and still love you, and it's okay if you don't feel the same. Go eat something." He tells me, getting up and leaving.

"Tobias wai-" But I am cut off by the slam of a door.

Just my luck.