Damon observed the charm bracelet on my wrist. "It's beautiful," Damon complimented the piece of jewelry. I couldn't help the smile that escaped.

"Thanks. It was my mother's. I never take it off– sentimental reasons and all that." I pulled away so I could clean myself up. I put the used napkins in my almost full trash bin.

We sat in silence for a bit. I twiddled my fingers, trying to figure out what to say next.

"Thank you for the breakfast, but...what are you doing here? And why are you wearing a suit? Not that you can't wear a suit! It's just...." I trailed off as a smirk formed on the corner of Damon's mouth. Nervously, I twirled my hair between my fingers.

"I wanted to check up on you before I went to work. I have a meeting and I'm required to wear a suit. It's frowned upon to wear jeans and a t-shirt."

"Where do you work?" I asked curiously.

"I'm the vice president of Monroe Protective Services," Damon answered and looked at me expectantly as if I knew the company he was talking about. I made a face. The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Before I could ask, Damon spoke again.

"Besides, I still need to talk to you about last night, Flower," Damon explained as he turned his body to face me, looking at me intently. Flashes of last night went through my head and I knew what Damon was going to talk about based on his scowl.

"I don't want you to work at Elysium anymore," Damon started and continued before I could open my mouth to protest. "It isn't safe for you to be there. I can help you find another job."

"B-But," I sputtered and stood up, walking across the room in disbelief and anger. I tangled with the ends of my hair. "I need it to keep my apartment!"

"I'll help you find a better apartment. This area isn't safe and your apartment is a hazard!" Damon reasoned, though his tone was slightly off.

I tightened the grip on my hair. While his points made sense, I didn't want to leave this apartment unless it was on my terms. This place symbolized my survival and the fresh start that I'd worked hard for.

"I-I like it here. I am going to keep staying here," I said quietly, lacking the confidence I wished was in my voice.

Damon looked at me in disbelief as he gestured to the room mockingly. "You want to stay here with a shitty landlord that wants to take advantage of more than just your money? I don't think you're stupid enough to not notice."

I twisted my hair in distress. Damon gestured for me to come to him. Obediently, I stood in between his legs. Damon delicately removed my hands from my hair as he continued.

"Flower, I just want you to be safe. I'm only going to be worried if you stay here. I can tell you are uncomfortable and unhappy living here. Let me help you, Flower. Please," Damon said softly as he pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

I felt myself slowly start to cave in. I had a feeling Damon asking for something wasn't a normal occurrence, let alone saying please. He was very demanding and always in control. And he was right, I didn't want to live here, even though this place held some importance to me.

Before I could come up with a solution, his phone rang. Damon cursed under his breath as he answered it.

"This better be good, Erik," Damon grumbled into the phone. A voice was talking on the other end and Damon's face went dark as the speaker kept talking. "I'll be there in five," Damon growled as he hung up without hearing the person's response.

He turned back to me and gave me a stiff smile.

"I have to head out, the meeting has been moved up," Damon said as he collected the bag and walked toward the door. I followed him as he faced me once more.