X.

I lost all sense the moment I caught Rosaline in the dressing room

Initially, my plan was to intimidate Rosaline and take her home. While I drove her, I'd pry for information about her past and find another dead end. When I gathered enough intel, I would drop her off and never see her again. I would tell Maria and Xavier what I knew then wipe my hands of her.

That plan went to shit when I found her hiding in the clothing racks. It was amusing to say the least and I had to play along. I pretended to walk towards the door, making my steps heavy as I closed the door, waiting for her to reveal herself.

Seconds later, Rosaline poked her head out. Taking the opportunity, I grabbed her forearm and pulled her out of the rack. Rosaline let out a squeak and her brown eyes widened in shock at my deception.

As Rosaline stuttered her excuses, I was annoyed that I found her stuttering...cute? I scowled inwardly. I didn't do cute. What the hell was going on with me?

I remembered how close our bodies were to each other when I trapped her between me and the wall. I had leaned down to put my face towards hers, trying not to inhale her wonderful scent.

I also couldn't believe I gave her a nickname, using it throughout the night without thinking.

Flower? Where the hell did that name come from? I could see it though–her beautiful and delicate form brought beauty into this world, and needed protection in this dark world.

I remembered the flush on her face, the way she bantered, and attempted to lie. It was hard to be stern with her when she was acting like that.

I was ready to take her home, but Rosaline pleaded that she stayed for the rest of her shift. I was adamant to not allow her to get her way, but one look at her puppy eyes and I gave in.

Thank whoever was listening that Xavier wasn't there to witness it. I checked with him a few times about what I was doing, giving curt statements before signing off. There was no way I could deal with his antics.

For the rest of her shift, I watched her like a hawk. I made sure to have a nice chat with some boys that were eying Rosaline too closely. A simple threat and they fled the club immediately.

I knew Maria was amused by this, but the glare I threw at her stopped her from saying anything. I knew she was going to nag me when I got back to the mansion, but for now, she was holding back and I was thankful for it.

Once I was finally able to get Rosaline in the car, I thought I finally got my chance to get information from her. We were slowly talking about the city and Los Angeles when she suddenly got quiet. Rosaline would stare off into space, not completely focusing on me and she gave me fake smiles.

She had radiated sadness when she responded to my answers. My chest clenched at the expression on her face. Before I could question her more, she stiffened as she went to unlock the door, looking ready to bolt. Rosaline was grabbing her things blindly when I grabbed her wrists, hoping to calm her down. She only struggled more, her breathing turning to pants. Her pulse was rapid and throbbing against my fingers.