VII.

I stood next to Xavier as we watched Koyle squirm in his seat

I stood next to Xavier as we watched Koyle squirm in his seat. Both of us were silent as we let the information process through our heads.

Xavier leaned against his chair with a calm expression. I already knew this wasn't going to end well.

"So let me clarify what you just told me," Xavier said in a monotone voice. He stood up and leaned over the desk, letting his intimidating form shadow over the trembling man.

"The body of one of my top ranks was found in a river? And am I hearing correctly that it took your team weeks to find and confirm his death with all of your resources? Am I getting that right?"

Koyle was someone hired outside the organization, going through police and government records. He was sometimes called to do the grunge and dirty work, communicating with Erik or our other higher ranks. We usually didn't bother talking with these type of guys unless there was a major fuck up.

Such as not finding our friend's body - Angelo De Luca's body to be exact.

Koyle was a coward of a man, fear always oozing from his pores. He did everything he could to protect himself even if he had to go through great lengths to do so.

This was one of the main reasons I despised him. I didn't know why Xavier kept him around. He was a sloppy and sleazy man to work with. If anything, Xavier probably kept him around in case we needed a fall guy. We wouldn't lose any sleep at night for framing him.

Even though most of our work was outside the law, it didn't mean we had to work with a bunch of fools who thought they were superior.

Those were the people we sought out to destroy. And now Xavier was finally done with him. The only reason he was put on the job was because he had connections in LA that would benefit us.

"S-Sir, Los Angeles is a large area–"

"I don't give a damn!" Xavier cut Koyle off. "You promised that you would find Angelo and you had been avoiding my calls. It's only because you were dragged here that you finally disclosed the information. I am going to send my own men to bring the body back. You and your men made us lose critical time.

"Now, get the hell out and you better not step foot on my property again. I won't hesitate to shoot it next time. And don't think that we won't be watching you," Xavier scowled as Koyle scampered away, leaving an awful smell as he slammed the door behind him.

I scowled and pinched my nose as Xavier cursed.

The coward peed himself and the damn smell had spread throughout the office.

"That piece of shit–"

Xavier was cut off by the door barging open again.

"Guys, I need your input on– what the hell is that smell?" Maria gagged as she plugged her nose. She walked to Xavier as she waved her free hand around to get rid of the stench.