Chapter 22 - Great, now I would need an ear surgery.

Chap. 22

Sam's
P.O.V

I walked carefully towards my Biology class. It was Monday already.

Yesterday, I slept too much. I don't know whether it was because I was exhausted or because I always escaped the world by sleeping. I woke up during the afternoon and Oliver did about an hour after me.

Alex came over and spent some time with me then we visited mom. She hadn't woken up yet. I tried my best to find a way to take my mind off it. And I decided that there was no way better than school work.

After we got home, I locked myself inside my room and started to do all the school work I had. I had some essays that were due in a month done already. And that was good. However, it didn't totally take my mind off of it yet.

I got many texts from Martina, asking how I've been. But I never replied to any of them.

I was waling like a zombie who just ate a poisoned brain. I had no idea what I was even wearing. I didn't think I even got any breakfast.

I didn't meet any of my friends yet. I made sure to arrive at the school only five minutes before my class had started. I wasn't ready to face anyone's 'I'm sorry' s.

I took my seat far from everyone and got out my note book and my pencil case. Getting ready for the lesson. I shared this class with many people I knew. There was Tyler, Oliver, Jason and Elena. Although Elena didn't count as someone I knew right now.

A couple of minutes later, Mr. Hudson came into the class. He put his suitcase on his desk.

"Good morning, class." He said. Then he started introducing the lesson.

Halfway through the lesson, I felt something hitting my head. I groaned then unfolded it. I almost chuckled at Jason's chicken scratch handwriting. But then I scowled as I read it.

Hey, gorilla chick, did you decide to be a zombie after the nerd façade failed?

I rolled my eyes and started writing back. 

No, you funny ass. Now shut up before I claw your eyes out.

When I was done, I aimed it at his head and did a little vicotry dance in my mind when it hit his temple. I watches as he scribbled on the paper and threw it again as he winked at me.

I knew you would fit like nothing but a gorilla. Remember who you are and stop trying, babe.

I sent him a glare then wrote my reply.

Says my personal punch bag in middle school.

I saw him looking at the paper for a couple of seconds before he wrote back. I was sure that he was going to change the subject. And my thoughts were affirmed when I recieved it.

I'm so sorry for your mom, by the way.

My chest tightened painfully as he brough what I've been avoiding the whole day. I knew that David told him. He had been visiting my mom everyday before that happened. I really respected his uncle for sticking up to my mom although she was sick.

After she got in the hospital, David was still visiting her. She told me that he brought Jason with him earlier when I visited her with Alex last night. I knew he would bring it up some time. But I refused to recieve anyone's pity.

I'm fine. 

I wrote before I threw the paper back at him. Hoping he would stop sending notes. This setence couldn't have gotten a reply, right?

I felt bored then I started to look around. Barely anyone paid attention to what Mr. Hudson was saying. Most of the people were chatting or switching notes. Some were just doodling or drawing at the back of their notebooks, and some were just playing with their pens.

I caught sight of Olly, he was staring with a weird dreamy expression at something that was ahead of him. I did my best to hold back my laughter. My eyes travelled to see what he was marvelling at. I saw a blonde fair girl who was doodling in her notebook. And although I never saw her, I bet my Oreo stash that she was Hailey.

I averted my gaze and it landed on Tyler, he was looking glorious as always, of couse. I paused for a couple of minutes to drool on my supposed to be ultimate crush. He was sitting with his elbow on the desk and his head leaned on his fist. However, he was glaring daggers in some direction.

I looked in the direction that he was glaring at and I saw Jason, he was talking about something with his friends. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion then looked back at Tyler, who seemed to be in deep thought. What was his problem with Jason anyway? I guessed that it was because what he did to his sister.

I was starting to zone out in my own thoughts when Mr. Hudson's voice brought me out of my trance.

"Attention, class!" he said loudly. And suddenly, all the humming and the noise came to a halt. Everybody's eyes were directed at him.

"As we all know, there must be a project acheived by a co-operation of two students or more before the end of the semester." He started. Earning some groans from the students who completely hated the idea.

He went on, anyway, "This time, it will be about making a research of 7 to 10 pages about one of the topics," He said as he passed a stack of paper among us. I took one of them and looked at the topics. They were all boring, but there were about to or three that caught my interest. I decided I would narrow down my choices into one of them.

"Now listen carefully, you have been assigned with partners. Let me know if you didn't hear your name," He said and the class was silent aside from a few whines of complaint.

He started announcing the pairings. "Hailey Carter and Oliver Green, Mark Henderson and Michael Jones, Peter Clark and  Carmen Miller, Carlotte Perez and Elena Coleman," He started.

I listened carefully as the list went on. Not caring that my best friend got paired with his crush or that stinky Peter got paired with the cheerleader, I just waited for my name as my knees went jelly from all the scenarios replaying in my head and all the what ifs.

"Dienna Henry and Francisca Thompson, Samantha walters and Luke Mason, Jason Parker and Tyler Matthews, Victoria Jhonson and Angelica Blake,"

But I didn't listen anymore. I was pretty shocked and scared at the same time.

Aside from the fact that I was paired with the Devil himself,

Jason and Tyler were paired together.

What did Mr. Hudson want? A criminal case in this scool?!