(12) Ground Rules

Start from the beginning

"It's all cool. This bitch has a record for bailing on me anyway. And I also I invited my new roommate, so I think you should come too. Come on, join us it would be good to know a beautiful girl." Normani said taking a step closer towards Camila and Lauren rolled her eyes.

"Okay."

"Great. Let's go. I am starving." Normani said grabbing Lauren's hand and pulling her with her.

Camila followed them and gave Lauren a look which said 'what's with her?' "She is my best friend." Lauren mouthed to her and Camila raised an eyebrow giving a 'really' look.

"You both go ahead and I will meet you their. I have to get a hold of my new roommate okay?"

Both of them agreed and Lauren led Camila to the cafeteria.

"So, she is your best friend?" Camila asked as they joined the cue to take their dinner.

"Yup, she is one of the two of my bestest friends. And don't judge okay? I know if you didn't had all hearts for me, you would have probably ended up in her arms right now. She isn't afraid to use her charm but there are only few who end up in her bed."

"What? Even if I didn't have feelings for you, I am quite sure I would have ended up with them anyway. I mean look at my new roommate." Camila fanned with her hand in front of her face expressing hotness.

"How could I forget about Cabello charm."

"Well, this charm is specifically only for you, you know that?"

"Same goes for you."

"Well, don't lie. What was that when you flirted with 10 girls in our small trip to Disneyland?"

"That was normal talking. My special charm is only reserved for you." Camila rolled her eyes and took the seat at the table where Lauren led her to.

"Now stop flirting with me because the charm you are telling me is special for me isn't enough for getting you laid any time soon."

"Say the girl who was grinding herself on me a week ago." Lauren shot back but immediately regretted it after seeing the hurt expression on Camila's face.

"Camila, I was just kidding. I am sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Lauren tried to take a hold of Camila's hand but she flinched and pulled her hand away.

"You still doubt and that's okay."

"No it's not. Camila, you know I did what you asked me to do. I thought about all of it and I am so close to accept and understand all of it. The training at Jaureg helped a lot. But I can't do it if you are distant with me in anyway."

"Lauren I won't go anywhere when you need me." Camila said staring in Lauren's eyes.

"I know but I need you in every day of my life. After so much of thinking I am sure that I have no reason to doubt you but to maintain it we need to talk and I think it's time if you are ready because I am."

"I am ready too but don't say things you don't mean. A blind man can tell that you don't need me everyday of your life."

"The distance I am talking about is not the gap between us physically but emotionally. Like right now, it really hurts."

Camila let out a sarcastic laugh. "You didn't say that 2 months ago. And you have to-"

"Ugh…only 20 minutes are left. How am suppose eat in peace?" Normani said keeping her tray on the table.

"Where were you?" Lauren asked shifting a little away from Camila.

"The new hot roommate of mine decided that she should invite her best friend with us. I agreed and offered to walk with her to her best friend's dorm room. But she didn't remember the number of her best friend's dorm and we ended up going to the way she came from after waving her bff goodbye. After 30 minutes of failure she gave up and we came back."