Chapter 23.

Yooo, I realised how shit the last chapter was! (And all the others before it...)
Long time no see 😉.

I was having a bath.

Eren's POV

So... my 'father' has escaped.
Oooo danger.

You may be thinking, 'Oh, why so chatty, Eren?
Your father just escaped prison'

We'll, let me tell you.
Yes I'm shocked, shocked that he escaped, but it was going to happen eventually, of course.
He's an abuser, of course he would escape.

It was obvious to you too, wasn't it?

'Am I scared?' No shit Sherlock.
'Do I really think it was high enforced?' No. I think it was just a regular prison, where prisoners could do whatever and wherever.

It kinda reminds me of that film... you know the one with the star man, racoon and giant tree?
That film.

But it's like my entire life was a movie, a joke, a lie.
And I wish, It was all my imagination.

But that's cliche.
So, it's not.

"Eren?" I heard Kuchel ask whilst stood in the doorway, wiping a plate dry.
I turn slowly and look up at her,

I'm not much smaller than her, but she is surprisingly tall.
I have no idea where Levi had gotten his height from.

She runs up to me and hugs me tightly before wiping the tears that I didn't even know were there.
"I'm so sorry honey" she whispered into my ear.

I just silently watch as tears fall down my face.
"Shall I go get Levs?" She asks me, with a tight whisper.

This makes me go deep into thought for a moment.
Until, I subconsciously agreed to the idea, before I could come up with suggestions.

I heard her rush up the stairs due to the floorboards creaking, and walking into the bedroom.
Only a couple of minutes later, not even that, I heard the sound of a small boy running down the stairs in anger.

"Eren!?", he shouted, partly in sympathy, mostly in anger.

I glanced at him, my body still turned to face the bright television screen.
Pictures of the scene were shown, first was the badly damaged jail cell, with crushed and bent bars.
Secondly, was an image of him, staring into the camera. My fist clenched tightly in anger, I could feel the pain of my nails, digging in, slowly, into the palm of my hand.

That feeling suddenly ended, when I could feel a small but strong pair of hands, reach over mine, holding them tightly, yet lovingly.

He gave a small smile, I could see Kuchel and Kenny, only about a meter away.

"We will stay together, and if he come anywhere near us, especially you, Eren... he has something to watch out for."

***

It did take me a while to sleep, I mean. My father could just jump into the window any minute now.
Levi was laid next to me, holding my arms down, as if protecting me from what's out there.

I loved him really. I just feel like I don't show it.

What was Kenny speaking about anyways.
"He has something to watch out for" like what?

And that's when my eyes finally closed, allowing me to sleep.

.
.
.

.
.
.