Chapter 7

---Jessica POV

I tossed and turned in the bed for hours until finally deciding to get up. It was finally the weekend but unfortunately there’s no escaping Alex in her own house, so I planned to hang out with Ashley and the girls today.

I took a quick shower and washed my hair the pulled it into a slack ponytail. I pulled on my shorts and a white off the shoulder top then made my way downstairs.

Mr. Richardson and Alexander were having breakfast but Alex was nowhere to be found. I shrugged and grabbed a bowl and had some cereal.

“So what do you have planned today?”

I couldn’t help but smile, Mr. Richardson was like the dad I never had, he has been so great to me since I moved in here.

“I’m gonna hang out with some friends” I told him.

“Would you like me to tag along?” Alexander winked at me.

“Ha!” I rolled my eyes “No thanks”

I finished up and left out the house.

There was a blue jeep parked I my driveway, oddly enough my mother drove a ford; could she be dating already? I haven’t been to see her since I left, maybe I should.

Just as I was making my way over, I saw a white body jogging towards me.

“Going somewhere?” Alex asked me.

She was wearing shorts and a sports bra, which exposed way too much for my liking. I watched as her stomach clench as she breathed deeply, trying to catch her breath. She had a tattoo? That’s sexy though… and let’s not gets into the abs story because I’ll never stop talking about them. How in the world can a girl be so packed and sigh, beautiful?

“Hello? Earth to Jessica” She snapped her fingers in front of me, bringing my gaze up to her face.

I felt my face heat up “I’m going to check on my mom, not that its any of your business kissy-face” I glared at her.

She raised a brow then put her earplugs back in and jogged away.

I sighed deeply, instead of getting over it I’m pushing her even further away. I just need to figure this out, and quickly too.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I hear footsteps approach and my mother opened the door. She looked worn out but there was a sparkle in her eyes.

“Jessica, come in”

I passed her and entered the house;

“Is everything alright Mrs. Smith?” someone called out.

What the hell? My mother couldn’t already move on, its impossible. I walked in the direction of the voice and my feet grew weak.

“M-Morgan, what are you doing here?” was all I could force out.

“I’m just having breakfast” He said nonchalant which annoyed the shit out of me.

How dare he just show up and act like nothing’s wrong.

“No, what are you doing here, after all these years; why show up now?” I practically yelled.

“Jessica calm down” my mother butted in.

“Mom please!”

“I’m sorry Mrs. Smith, this is all my fault. Jessica and I need to talk alone.” My mother nodded and left out the dining room.