Chapter 3

Dedicated to Rubiwolf For being my first reader ;) Luv Ya

Hope you like it. Vote, fan and comment :)

---Alex POV

I woke up the next morning feeling like a fish out of water. My temperature was high and my face was flushed red. I looked over at the clock beside my bed and say that it was past ten. My alarm didn’t ring and Lex didn’t even come wake me up.

I took a cold shower to try and wash the drowsyness off and went downstairs only; to meet Alexander watching television in the living room.

“What are you doing home?”

“You weren’t looking so well this morning so I stayed home to watch you.”

“Aww how thoughtful” I rolled my eyes and sat next to him.

“There’s eggs and bacon in the kitchen, go eat.”

After eating breakfast, I began feeling light headed. I laid my head on Lex’s lap and began to fall asleep. I stirred when he picked me up to take me to bed but then fell right back into a deep sleep when he put me down.

---Jessica POV

After doing my daily routine of smacking my alarm clock, I got up and showered. This morning I decided to curl my hair.

I put on my long black skinny jeans and a long sleeved over the shoulder cream shirt.

I went downstairs for breakfast only to meet an empty kitchen and a note.

Hey hun,

We had to run out a bit early this morning and we’ll be back later tonight. Make sure you eat breakfast.

Love you,

Mom and Dad

I rolled my eyes and threw the letter in the trash. I ate some cereal then took up my car keys and left out the house. I got in my car and sped out to school.  As soon as I parked, Ashley came running up to me,

“Babe” she said fluttering her eyes.

I raised my eyebrow at her “What did you do?” I exited my car and we begun walking.

“Soooo… Rodney’s party Friday night”

“What about it?”

“Mark wants to take you.” I rolled my eyes at her.

“Ashley no! I’m going on my own jeez.”

She began begging me “Okay fine, fine just shut up” I finally gave in.

I walked into my first period physics class and sat down just as the bell rung. I looked over at the empty seat beside me and smiled. Ha! She isn’t here today, Free at last.

“Okay class, I know it’s a bit early in the semester but I have a graded assignment for you. You are going to partner up with someone beside you and build a go cart.”

My mouth hung open as Jeff stared at me hungrily.

“I’m paired with Alex sorry.” I said without thinking.

He frowned and turned to Alison on the other side of him and paired up.

“This is due in three weeks. The go cart will be raced at the school’s annual fun day fair and it’s for a grade so do your best.” The teacher continued.

Reality soon hit me. I was gonna have to spend at least two weeks of my life with that thing. I sighed and left out class as the bell rung.