xi. chapter eleven

chapter eleven.
unraveled

 ❛ unraveled ❜

_____

2 WEEKS AGO.

     THE WORLD DROWNED out around her. Her brown irises shut, and she wasn't in the training room anymore, she was on the battlefield. At least, that's what Stark told her to imagine.

He'd placed her in a new training session, one she hadn't asked too many questions about. As soon as it starter, she regretted not asking more about it.

It was all the same though, holographic enemies that would run her way, and she'd fight them off. She could never get used to his technology, it seemed so real.

"Arlyn!"

She sucked in a breath when she heard her name. After throwing down an enemy with a burst of energy, she took in heaving breaths, turning around to see an enemy holding onto Gisa. Or, what looked to be Gisa, at least.

Her blood boiled at the sight as she charged forward, cursing at how realistic it looked.

The enemy teleported away with Gisa, Arlyn's heart racing as she spun around, watching their dirty claws tighten around her neck.

Bastard. She wasn't talking about the enemy.

She charged up a ball of energy in her hands, expecting to knock the creature off its feet, but she was too late. Gisa's neck was swiped, the claw marks drawing blood. Her limp body fell to the floor, and Arlyn nearly collapsed. She cursed loudly, sending a much higher frequency energy burst towards the enemy, making it burst into pieces.

Another called her name. She turned, sweat building up on her forehead as she watched Kai being pushed to the ground, the enemy's claws ripping him apart. She screamed, barely hearing it leave her mouth, as her hands let out an uncontrollable burst of energy towards it.

"Shut it off!" Arlyn growled, her voice booming across the room. She knew Stark was watching, sitting back, letting her suffer.

With one last call of her name, her body spun in a second, watching the monster about to swing a giant claw into his stomach—Peter's stomach. She shut her eyes, but her ears still heard the gut wrenching stab.

"I SAID SHUT IT OFF!" Arlyn screamed, an electrifying amount of energy bursting from her body. Her eyes fell to the back of her head, and her body collapsed. Stark was already running in, guilt running through his veins as he carried her body to Dr. Manon Myers' office.

"How'd it go, you're back ear-" Manon stopped short as she turned, watching Stark carry her urgently into her office, setting her on the lounger. Manon raised it higher, panic surging through her as she connected Arlyn to the system.