vi. chapter six

chapter six.
foreign faces

 ❛ foreign faces ❜

_____

PRESENT DAY.

     THE TRIP COULDN'T have taken longer than half an hour before they'd finally arrived to their destination. Arlyn was quite surprised at how fast this ship traveled, but of course she knew nothing about alien ships and how primitive their ships were compared to alien ones.

The blue tinted window that showed what was in front of them slowly began to form a planet; they were going to land soon.

"Hey, what's going on?" Peter asked. Arlyn glanced across the room to see him stand up, as Arlyn did the same. Hopefully her powers were able to rejuvenate, she'd need all the energy she could muster if they were going to fight Thanos on his home planet.

"I think we're here," Doctor Strange stated.

"I don't think this rig has a self park function," Stark said while turning around, facing the two kids. He then led Peter towards one of the steering machines.

"Get your hand inside this," He ordered.

He then turned to face Arlyn. "You know what to do."

Memories flashed back from the night of homecoming when she helped steer that plane. An airplane was one thing, but an enormous alien ship was another. But after 2 years of gaining more practice with her powers and expanding her capabilities, she was determined to do it. Strange glanced behind him in confusion, eyes watching Arlyn as she closed her eyes, hands out slightly as her energy gripped the ship, veining around its curves and tugging on its ends. He was quite fascinated by whatever power this small girl had, but he'd wonder another day who she really was.

Stark had his hand in the other steering machine. "We gotta move at the same time," he told the teenagers, who nodded in understanding.

Arlyn's eyes flashed open, keeping down the purple energy that threatened to burn her eyes. Control was key, as she'd learnt over these past 2 years.

Arlyn kept her concentration on her magic, as well as what was in front of her. The ship was about to crash into a large object, nothing she'd ever seen before.

"We might wanna....turn, turn, turn!" Peter repeated, getting louder in fear as Arlyn clenched her fists, guiding the ship in the same direction they were heading. Arlyn shut her eyes, her fists shaking at the heaviness of the ship as it just barely nicked the side of the structure, her energy keeping her feet in place.