8

(I understand that first in the book that Cameron came back with MagCon, but Hayes isn't apart of it, nor is Nash's brother...just gone along with it)

Tessa's P.O.V.

I turned on the lights on my garage, seeing everything the way it was last. I have a shelf of trophies over my tools, and a closet next to it of my racing outfits. I had one car siting dead in the middle, which was my other GTR. My GTR chrome, if you thought my liberty was my baby, oh gosh I don't even know what to call this.

I looked over at Hayes as he admired the car, "Never seen it this close before."
I chuckled, "Well there it is. Now I think what will happen is we'll have to take two cars. Are you-" he cut me off, "Wait, you haven't even told me your plan. You want to drag me in a murder without a plan?"
I rolled my eyes, "Were killing one person who has kill many others, if anything the police will think it was self defense, and you won't end up in jail. Me, on the other hand, is done for."
"Done for? What do you mean?"
"Have you not seen the news?"

He shook his head no. I grabbed the remote for the small TV I had sitting on a bench and pt it on the closest news. And believe it or not, they were doing the story of me.

I watched Hayes and he took in the new information. "You killed people?"
I nodded, "No dipshit, does it look like I would kill someone?"
He looked me up and down and firmly stated, "Yeah."

I slapped him on the shoulder and walked over to my tool kits. There was a rack of the keys to my cars, so I got the one I needed.

"As I was saying, we need to take 2 cars in order to do the thing that I need, you have a car here?"
"Yeah it's in my pit."
"What kind of car?"
"Toyota."
"What car is it?"
"2015 Toyota 86."
I nodded, "Well last race the car broke down on me, so can you pull your car around so I can jump start it?"

He nodded walking out heading back to his pit. I opened the big door, and got my jumper cables and tools that I might need, and waited for him to pull up.

He ram his engine to scare me and pulled in closer to me, "Closer! Closer! Closer! Stop!" I yelled as he slammed on the breaks.

He parked and popped open the hood. I did the same in my car.
"After I jump start the car, we're going on the track so we can test this device."
"What is it?" He asked as he walked closer to me.
"It's a connection device so we can talk in different cars."
"Uh, Tessa, we have phones for that."
"Uh, duh, I know that, this is incase we are in trouble the other can hear and help. Now I need to put a microphone in your car and a receiver."

He nodded as he opened the door for me. I looked around for a place to put it so it wasn't in the open but I could hear him if needed. I looked on a door but saw a button that shouldn't be there, "What's that for?" I asked as I put the device on his mirror above him.
"That's a panel for me when I'm driving, it helps see things that I can't."
I pressed the button and the panel came out of the dashboard.
"If you have this, you have a disk."
"A disk?"
"It's just a thing in the car so whatever you do can read the message and do it. I need to hook up the recessive to it."

I got out, looking around the car, "Pop your hood."
He did as I asked, "It's to dark, I need a light."

He got an over head light from my tool kit and gave it to me. I looked around to see something box like on the inside base of the metal of the car. I reached in and pulled it out and examined it.

"This is going to be awhile." I said getting right to work.

---2 hours later---

"Turn it on!" I yelled at Hayes.
He did what I said and turned it on. My car did the same thing.
"YES! I DID IT!" I said it victory.
I little while ago I got the receiver done, but I need to fix my car to make sure that it could run on it's own.
"Okay, I need to get changed." I said informing Hayes not to come in my back room.