dix - Kijoong

Today marks the first day of summer break. No school, homework, etc. All you have to do is have fun. But that's what you thought.

Your pet dog, Riceball has been sick for the past month and this morning you've received the phone call you've dreaded. Your mom answered the phone and had to deliver the news to you. She tried to cheer you up but nothing seemed to work.

For the rest of the morning, you looked through the album that had pics of Riceball and silently cried. You saw the first picture the two of you took when you first got him at the age of five until the last picture you two took before he went off to the vet. Despite him not feeling well, he always managed to smile in pictures.

"Y/N, Kijoong's here," you looked up from your phone to see your mom at the door and Kijoong's blond hair behind her.

"He can come in," you mumbled. You heard some shuffling and soon enough, Kijoong was under the covers with you.

"Y/N?" he whispered.

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry for your loss," he mumbled and hugged you tightly.

"It's okay, Kijoong. I knew it was coming," you mumbled back.

Kijoong let out a little sigh and pulled you even closer, stroking the back of your head. It was quiet for about an hour before you decided to sit up.

"Let's do something productive. Riceball wouldn't like it if all I did was lie in bed."

Kijoong let out a hum in agreement and got up as well.

"What are we gonna do?"

"Let's walk around the plaza and see if there's anything we can do."

"Alright, let's get ready then."

You quickly went to your closet and grabbed your outfit then changed in the bathroom. While you were getting ready, Kijoong made your bed and cleaned up your room.

Once you finished, the both of you head out the door and start your productive day.