Secrets and Lies

"NATALIE?!" the friends cried.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? A couple of spies? I must say though, you've done well with the Alpha Riddle Run. So, do you like your prize?" Natalie asked.

"Not in a million years! What are you planning on doing with the Sounds of Thunder?" Violet asked.

"My, you really ask a lot of questions, don't you Violet?"

"But she always asks the right questions. Let Gladys and the others go, Natalie! Your reign of terror is over!" Zachary said.

Natalie looked away and laughed.

"What's so funny?" Samuel asked.

"Oh, I was just imagining the looks on your faces when I tell you that you walked straight into my trap," Natalie said.

"I knew it! This Alpha Riddle Run was just a way for you to get closer to us and the Sounds of Thunder!" Kimberly said.

"And this is your prize."

"What's the real prize for the real winning team?" Zachary asked.

"The red team won. Their prize were solid gold friendship bracelets. They looked stunning on them."

"We're happy for them, but that still doesn't explain why you have the Sounds of Thunder in captivity." Violet said.

"Well, if you must know, I'm simply getting my revenge on them, and you four."

The friends shuddered.

"But why us?" Kimberly asked.

"You four are an annoyance in my plan. I'm just taking you out of the equation," Natalie said.

"But why do you hate the Sounds of Thunder?" Zachary asked.

"Oh, I'll tell you why. It all happened ten years ago. It was my second year as director here at Grand Meadows Estate, and that was when I saw them for the first time. Ezra, Angelica, Kanan, and Gladys. They did everything together, and they did it as one with excellence. They each had their own special talent. Ezra was fast, Angelica was graceful, Kanan was strong, and Gladys was a good leader. I knew that I needed a Black Flash, an Angel, and a Bull. And Ezra, Angelica, and Kanan were perfect for the roles."

"But, wait. If you needed the other three... does that mean you were..." Violet started.

"I was the first and former Captain of the Sounds of Thunder. To be honest, I was jealous... of Gladys. Ezra and the others adored her. She was always the leader of the pack. So, I had a plan to separate them. Five years later, they returned as counselors to help out. And they brought a couple of friends with them. Ezra brought his younger sister, Elizabeth, Angelica brought her boyfriend, Dominic, and Kanan brought his younger brother, Diego. I thought my plan was ruined, but then I had an idea to put my plan back into motion. The former directors at Blackmane Manor, Pinewood Pastures, and Sunset Stables needed some help. So, I asked Elizabeth and the others to be D. I. Ts, Directors in Training. When they left, they became the directors, and I knew they couldn't leave their posts, so I took that opportunity to separate Gladys and the others. I told Ezra, Angelica, and Kanan about the Sounds of Thunder, and I needed them. They fell for the trick of course. I gave them the chains that match their horse, as a sign of friendship. Gladys finally felt left out, and wanted to leave, which was great. The other three soon found out what I was doing, and didn't want to be a part of the Sounds of Thunder anymore, saying I'm too commanding with my orders, even though I was the leader. I didn't care if they left or not, they were still part of the Sounds of Thunder, whether they liked it or not. But... I was betrayed. One night, Angelica took of my chain, the one with the star on it, and gave it to Gladys. She became the new Captain. I was furious. Everyone adored them, and I was left in the dark. So, I decided to trap them. To make them know what it felt like to be forgotten. Elizabeth and the others explained to me that Ezra, Angelica, and Kanan were building a race track, an obstacle course, and a track. Perfect places to put my statue collection. I lured them here, and dumped cement on them. Soon after, they were solid stone. I grabbed a wagon, and carefully put them in. I put Ezra in his race track at Blackmane Manor, Angelica in her obstacle course at Pinewood Pastures, and Kanan in his track at Sunset Stables. I kept Gladys for myself. I soon found out that they built their projects under each statue at each stable, and I knew I had to get rid of the one here at GME. Like Ezra said, all of the horse statues are connected with each other through energy. If the leader goes down, the others will go down with it. So, I destroyed the horse statue here at GME, so the Sounds of Thunder will never be heard from, ever again. Before they disappeared, they gave me this."

Natalie held up a chain with a black heart charm on it.

"I was no longer known as the Captain. I am now known as the Commander, and I challenge you to take the Test of Leadership!" Natalie said.