The Alpha Riddle Run

The four friends and the three Sounds of Thunder made their way back to Grand Meadows Estate, where Natalie was waiting for them at the gate.

"There you guys are. I was getting worried you wouldn't come back," Natalie said.

"Thank you for the concern, Natalie. We can't wait to play this game of yours, right guys?" Kimberly asked her friends.

"Right!" her friends replied, lying.

"Well, come on. Everyone else is inside the cafeteria."

Natalie started walking, and the friends and the three Sounds of Thunder followed. They walked in the cafeteria, and Natalie stood on the podium. Emma and Jonah were standing next to her, holding at least five bags in each hand.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Sorry to call you all here on such short notice, but I just came up with this amazing game, and you guys just have to play it. It's called the Alpha Riddle Run. There will be teams of four, and you will have to go around to all the other stables and back here for the final clue to win your prize. In each team, there will be an alpha, or a leader. So, get into groups of four, choose an alpha, and have them come up to me." Natalie instructed.

Everyone got into groups of four. A little bickering could be heard about who should be the alpha. For the four best friends, it was quite an easy question on who should be the alpha. Kimberly was the first to go up to the podium. Natalie smiled, and handed her a bag, filled with her team color: blue, a map, and the first clue. Kimberly and the others ran outside to get started. The three Sounds of Thunder followed them.

"Good luck, and be careful." Ezra said.

"Okay. Thanks you three." Violet said.

The four teens nodded and the Sounds of Thunder walked away. As the three Sounds of Thunder were walking, something hit the back of their heads, and they blacked out.

"Okay Kim, what's the first clue?" Zachary asked.

Kimberly opened the bag and took out the clue. She read it out loud.

"Open minded
Dark secrets in a heap,
Find the place
Where a willow weaps.
In the maze a
warning you will head,
Under the statue
To Test Your Speed."

"Uh... what?" Samuel asked.

"What does that even mean?" Zachary asked.

Violet did a face palm. Kimberly just shook her head.

"What?" the boys asked.

"The clue is so obvious. We have to go to Blackmane Manor." Violet said.

"Oh..."

Kimberly chuckled.

"Come on. Let's saddle up, and head to Blackmane Manor." Kimberly said.

They nodded in agreement. Kimberly whistled and Ace and the others came galloping over. They mounted their horses and headed out the gate. They jumped over the cliff, and continued to make their way to Blackmane Manor. When they got there, the friends quickly dismounted their horses and headed to the maze. Since they've been there before, they know which way to go. They got to the horse statue, and Kimberly flipped the switch. Like before, the ground shook and the staircase to the race track opened up again. They went down the stairs until they were walking through the torch lit tunnel. When they reached the race track, they saw a cauldron, with the next clue. Samuel ran up to the cauldron, and grabbed the next clue. He brought it back to his friends and read it to them.