3x08 - Ordinary People

Start from the beginning

"You invited me over? To talk?" Eliot asks.

"All right boys, have at it!" six boys in various suits walk in the room "Okay, now twirl please" they twirl and show off the suits.

"You compelled your own private runway show?" Eliot asks.

"I need a homecoming suit. So, what do you think? Pick one"

"I'm not here to help you shop. I'm here to talk about why you don't want me to wake up Mikael"

Richard rushes to one of the boys, grabs his neck and vamps out "I said pick one, Eliot"

"The...orange one"

"There. It wasn't so hard, was it?" he turns to the boys "Go away. Remember nothing" the boys leave and he picks up his champagne glass and walks to Eliot "You do not threaten me. You'll learn what I allow you to learn. Is that clear?"

Eliot nods. Richard walks past him and Eliot turns and watches him.

**********

Richard opens the door to Stella's room and enters. Eliot stays at the doorway. "How fun is this...?" He starts opening drawers.

"We shouldn't be here..." Eliot tells him.

"Course we should! Come on, like you've never wanted to snoop" He holds up Stella's underwear. "Thongs. A lot has changed since the twenties"

"Are you gonna root through her stuff all night or are you gonna start to tell me your story?"

"Ah...you really are no fun. What do you want to know?"

Eliot walks into the room "Well, Elinor said that your father was a landowner in Europe. How did you guys end up here?"

Richard is still going through Stella's stuff "My parents had just started a family, when a plague struck their homeland. They lost a child to it. They wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate"

"So, how did you end up here? This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet"

Richard laughs "Not by anyone in your history books. But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy...blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That lead my family here, where we lived amongst those people"

"The werewolves?"

"To us, they were just our neighbors. My family lived in peace with them for over 20 years, during which time my family had more children, including me"

"You make it sound so normal"

"It was"

**********

Flashback to the 900s

"Once a month our family retreated into the caves beneath our village. The wolves would howl through the night and by morning we'd return home..."

Richard is looking at different sorts of necklaces/talismans hanging on a rope in Ayana's window. He touches one and it burns his finger "Ayana, you burned me!"

"That is not yours to touch"

"Mother!" Colette screams from outside.

"Is that Nicolette? Something is wrong" Richard tells Ayana.

Colette is carrying the dead body of their little brother Henrik.

"Henrik!"

"Mother!"

"One full moon, Colette and my youngest brother Henrik snuck out to watch the men turn into beasts. That was forbidden. Henrik paid the price..."