Chapter 26- Onto Something Better

"You gone be looking so stupid, When she take what you could've had like a bandit."

YM
Two Days Later
Monday

"Yo can you believe it? It's the last week of school." I pulled Carter into a tight hug.

"I know right just look at us." We looked into the school mirror smiling, we were proudly dressed in our graduation gown and topped it off with our cap.

This was a proud moment for us, we never thought we'd be at rehearsals for graduation.

Kodie was in the office talking to the principal about if she would graduate or not and Brook being her bestfriend was right by her side.

"I hope my baby can gradua-" Carter was cut off by the door opening and Kodie walking in with her cap and gown on and Brook behind her with a cheesy smile.

"Looks like we walking the stage together baby." She had tears in her eyes as she smiled.

"Yo fr baby? Come here man, I fucking knew it." Carter pulled her into a tight hug.

"I knew you were gonna walk." I dapped up Kodie pulling my phone out. We stood in front of the mirror posing for a few pictures.

"Alright we got to go or we'll miss rehearsals." Brook said pulling Kodie with her.

"Y'all go imma finish getting ready." They nodded leaving, I begin doing my hair.

The door opened but I didn't bother to look.

"YM?" I heard my name being called in a low voice and looked up, Jasmine. She smiled small walking up closer, I turned back to the mirror brushing my hair into a messy bun. "I missed you, I'm sorry I've been gone it's just I had some personal business to take care of."

I licked my lips slowly. "What do you want?" I cut my eyes at her, I wasn't trying to sound mean but I really didn't want to be bothered with her anymore.

"Us. I had time to think when I was gone and I want me and you. Katorah I love you and I was hoping we could start over." She gripped my shirt pushing me against the wall.

I shook my head grabbing her hands moving her, I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I finally found my words but the door swung opened.

"Baby you good? We waiting for you." Brook walked up to me pecking my lips, I wrapped my arm firmly around her waist. "Who's this?"

I could see the distraught look on Jasmine's face but I didn't quite care anymore, she fucked up a good thing with me and I'm onto something better.

"Brook this is Jasmine and Jasmine this is Brook, my girlfriend." My face showed no emotion seeing how sad she looked.

"Nice to meet you, come on baby we have to go." I nodded taking Brook's hand in mine taking one last look at Jasmine. "Take care." I mumbled.

I walked out with my girlfriend in hand with the biggest smile on my face.

Carter

I smiled bright seeing my baby walk happily across the stage. I was so proud of her and knew she was proud of herself.

"You good, Why you smiling so damn hard? You got some pussy didn't you?" I smirked winking.