Chapter 6- I Got You Lil Baby

Jasmine

I shook nervously as we drove to every possible place Kodie could be at. "Where is she?" I whined. The only thing on my mind was making sure my bestfriend was okay. We pulled up to her house, the last place to look.

"Let's go." Carter said about to get out.

"I think we should wait a bit. Her dad can be a little aggressive." I said lowly. Her head snapped my way.

"Man I'm going in to see about my baby, get ya ass out and let's go." She got out the car. Me and YM got out behind her and we walked up to the front door.

"Baby!" Carter said banging on the door. I hit her shoulder.

"What the fuck are you doing? Find a window or something." I shook my head walking around the house. I found an unlocked window and called them over. I climbed in first with them following.

"I'll check her room. Look around." I walked up the stairs to her room which was in the far corner.

"Kodie..." I knocked walking in. "Bestfriend you here?" I spoke a little louder. Her room was pitched dark. I flicked on the lights and my heart dropped.

"CARTER! YM! COME NOW!" I shook in fear and begin to cry.

"What is it?" Carter asked running in. I pointed to the bed. They looked over and their mouths dropped. Kodie was laying on the bed naked with bruises all over and her eyes closed.

Carter started to go over there but I grabbed her arm stopping her. "Wait we have to make sure her dad don't come back." Carter looked at me with her jaw clentched, her jawline popping out, veins showing and her eyes red. She was PISSED.

She snatched her arm away from me walking over to the bed. She reached for Kodie, Kodie jumped up breathing hard. "Shh I got you lil baby." she whispered to her, Kodie calmed down.

Carter took off her hoodie putting it on her and picked her up. I grabbed a bag from Kodie's closet and begin to pack her some clothes and shoes.

Carter

I kissed Kodie's head occasionally. YM was now in the drivers side as I sat in the back with Kodie in my arms.

"She needs to hurry up before her pops get back, what the fuck is she doing?" YM snapped. Jasmine finally came out with two bags in her hand.

"I got her clothes and stuff." She threw the bags next to me getting in the passengers seat. YM pulled off, I started to examine the bruises on Kodie's body. The more bruises I saw the more pissed off I got.

"Aye Jas, You know anything about her dad being abusive towards her?"

"She told me about the incident a few days ago where her dad yelled at her then shoved a paper in her face but never told me he was touching her or beating her. He's her stepdad. I can't believe she kept this from me for so long." She explained.

"No wonder my lil baby so closed up. She hurting and all she need is decent love in her life." I sighed pushing her hair out of her face.

My tears were inches away from dropping, seeing my baby like this hurt my heart completely. Kodie is the first stud I've ever loved and the last stud I ever want to love.

"Drop us off at my house, imma talk to my mom about her staying with us." Jasmine turned around.

"Don't you think she should stay with me?"

"Her dad knows where you live don't he? That's it she's coming with me Jas." I wasn't changing my mind, I couldn't risk him finding her. "And please find out what her and the principal talked about to make her run out in the first place." She nodded.

Kodie moved in my arms, I kissed her softly. "It's okay, I got you lil baby." I whispered against her lips.

Kodie

I groaned in pain. I opened my eyes seeing an unfamiliar room. Where the fuck was I? I looked down seeing the boxers and hoodie I had on. This is Carter's hoodie.

"What the fuck." I sat up wincing. My head was pounding and my lower half felt sore. I pulled my legs up to my chest wrapping my arms around them and begin to rock myself. I felt the tears rush down as I remembered what happened.

*Flashback*

I ran home wiping the fresh tears that had just fell. How the fuck could she do that to me? I've been good since that last incident.

I saw my dad's car in the driveway and cursed. "Fuck! Why is he home already?" I snuck to the back to my unlocked window and climbed in, before I could get in fully I was pulled in by my hair.

"FUCK!" I yelled. I held my head looking up to my smirking stepdad with two beers in his hand. I closed my eyes tight holding my head still which was now banging.

"Why the fuck are you not in school Kodieeee? He drunkly slurred out. Of course he's drunk, it became his favorite hobby after my mom passed.

"Are you seriously drunk?" He threw the beers across the room grabbing my hair dragging me upstairs. I winced in pain screaming out. Tears streamed down my face.

"Shut the fuck up, imma give you something to scream about." He laughed.

I cried out. It's been a minute since I've last heard that, I knew exactly what he meant by it.

Kodie!

Kodie! The voice got louder.

"KODIE!" I jumped seeing Carter holding a glass of water. "You okay? I saw you shaking and your sweating, here." She handed me the water sitting in front of me.

"How did I get here?" I asked and continued to drink the water. She rubbed my leg softly.

"I was looking for you in school and when I couldn't find you I panicked so me, Jas, and YM rode around checking every possible place you could be at until we checked your house. Jasmine found you, I picked you up and brung you to my place." She explained. I handed her the glass, she placed it on the bed stand.

I pulled her closer to me by her neck and kissed her. Her arm snaked around my waist. I layed down pulling her on top of me. "Thank You Carter."

"Don't thank me, I got you lil baby." I kissed her again adding tongue. I stopped sighing.

"What's wrong? You good?" I nodded looking away, she grabbed my face making me look at her. I couldn't ignore the feeling Carter made me feel.

"....Tell me what's bothering you." she whispered, I looked away again. She gripped my chin until we were eye to eye, I sighed licking my lips. "I'm lowkey feeling you..." I admitted.

She chuckled. "That's good because I'm high key in love with you." She smiled showing off her grills, I smiled back showing off mine.