Chapter 12- Differently

Carter
The Next Day

I woke up with a major headache. I groaned throwing the covers off of me, I didn't feel like going to school today. I know niggas gone start acting different just because I've been missing for a couple days.

"Baby you up?" Kodie yelled in a still sleepy graspy voice. She opened the door closing it behind her. "You didn't even make it out of bed yet." she climbed in my bed laying down, I turned over laying in her chest hugging her waist tightly.

"They've missed you at school." she ran her hand through my dreads. I shrugged sighing deeply.

"I don't give a fuck about none of those people, the only ones I'm rocking with is you and Y.M that's it. Getting kidnapped and shit trusting outsiders." I huffed. I was still pissed at Jasmine for bringing me to Ace after everything she put me through.

"She got something coming for her. Now go get dressed before we be late." she pushed me off softly. I got up going into my closet picking out a simple sweat pants and t-shirt outfit.

"When's your basketball game?" I asked while putting on my clothes, I fixed my hair in a tight but messy bun. I finished my usual hygiene.

"I might not even be on the team anymore I walked out, the principal told me to choose either you or basketball." she chuckled shaking her head.

I cut my eyes stopping what I was doing. "You chose me? Why?" her face scrunched up.

"Why? What you mean why?" she walked up behind me wrapping her arms around my waist. "Your way more important than a ball and some cleats. Gimme kiss." I smiled. I turned around giving her a kiss.

"Let's go." we put on our matching necklace and our matching slides. I grabbed our phones and she grabbed our bags as we walked downstairs. "Ma we out."

"I won't be home when you get from school. I love you two." she pulled us in a hug kissing our cheeks.

"We love you to ma."

We walked to my car getting in. "Y.M got her car back so we don't have to go get her bitchass."

I looked over seeing Kodie stare out the window quietly. I reached over grabbing her hand interlocking it. "What's the deal?"

She looked at me licking her lips. "I've known Jasmine all our life and to find out that she'd even do this shit to the person I love hurts. Makes me wonder if our friendship even meant anything to her." she chuckled shaking her head. I sighed kissing her hand.

"If it did or if it didn't, we gone hear her side on why she did it because I definitely want to know."

Jasmine

I tightened my jacket up as I walked into school. My body was aching from all the bruises I had. The memories from last night still flooded my mind. I shook my head walking to my locker.

"We have to check and see if your still on the team lil baby I don't need you missing the big game." I heard Carter say and looked over. They both completely ignored me as Kodie went into her locker.

"I mean I guess but basketball haven't really been on my mind since I've met you." Kodie replied.

"I don't want to hear none of that, you not quitting ball because of me imma talk to the principal."

Kodie closed her locker to leave. "Kodie Wait!" they both stopped turning to look at me. "Can I please talk to you before class starts?"

She sighed turning to look at carter whispering in her ear. Carter gave me a stank face before rolling her eyes and kissing her on her forehead.

"If you need anything and I mean ANYTHING call or text me and I'm here babe, I don't want you getting kidnapped." she said before hugging Kodie and leaving.

Kodie turned back towards me. "So wassup."

"Look Kodie I'm sorry. I knew I should've told you about knowing Ace and I shouldn't have set Carter up like that. But I really miss us I miss you." she reached to grab my arm, I stepped back from her scrunching my face up.

"You think you can set my baby up? Bring her to a bitch that made her life hell and apologize and everything will be okay? You broke this up not me. I'll think about ever being your friend again as for bestfriends? That ship sailed." she chuckled shaking her head walking away.

I sighed dropping my head. It was a start but I already know this is going to be a long process.

Kodie

I chewed off the end of my pen while tapping my leg waiting for the bell to ring. I started thinking about Jasmine. Why the fuck was I feeling so obligated to take her back and forgive her?

"Kodie." I heard my name being whispered and looked around. "Nigga over here." I looked at the door to see Y.M peaking. I laughed shaking my head, I stuffed my books in my bags waiting for the teacher to turn around just to sneak out.

"Where the hell you been, the day almost over with nigga."

She ran a hand over her face. "I wanted to get high before school today and then the time flew right past me. Where my brother at?" We walked out to the car.

"In class I just texted her telling her to come out."

"You talked to Jasmine?" She pulled out another blunt, I chuckled shaking my head.

"You need to stop smoking so much weed bro and she stopped me saying how sorry she was. I can't forgive her man after what she did to Carter? Man no. But I feel like if she proved herself a little bit then we can try to be cordial." I rolled my eyes.

Carter came out looking sexy asf. Her dreads were down and all over the place, her sweats were slightly sagging, and she had the sexiest goofy smile on the face.

"Wassup Y.M." she dapped her up hugging her. "Hey baby." she picked me up placing me on the trunk of the car standing in between my legs.

"Why you looking extra...daddyish?" I raised my brow.

She smirked gripping my chin pulling me into a passionate kiss, I wrapped my arms around her neck pulling her in closer.

"Aye man get a room." Y.M covered her eyes pulling us apart.

"I wasn't saying shit when you invited girls over my house for YOURSELF and would do some nasty shit infront of me. Let me love on my girl okay." she mushed her head away wrapping back up around me.

"We need to start figuring out what we doing after we graduate." Y.M said leaning against the car. I nodded agreeing, we were all graduating together this year.

"Oh yeah baby that reminds me, I've been applying for jobs that means if I get one I won't be able to be with you as much."

My smile faded, I dropped my arms from around her neck frowning.

"I know baby but look that means I can spoil you and take you places and do more for us as a couple." she kisses my neck over and over. "I love you lil baby."

I smiled widely. "I love you too baby." I licked my lips looking down at her. Shit is crazy how someone can come in your life and completely change it, She made my life so much better.

The fact that I didn't know Carter & Ace would end up in my new book together 😭