Chapter 38

"Wake up!!" I heard my dad shout over my already loud alarm.

"Just 5 more minutes." I groaned.

"You're modeling today!!" He announced, pulling the covers off of my cold body.

It's already Saturday? Where has my week gone?

"Okay, okay. I'm up."

I leisurely got up and walked to my bathroom to take a shower. After I turned on my water, I checked my messages.

'Luke wants to sneak out tonight and come over to your house so we can have some time together.'

That, of course, was from Brooklyn.

'I'm modeling at Mrs. Barbers show today. Y'all can just come watch me there and then we'll head to my house. Ezra's comin over tonight too. You can invite Cody and Adrienne if you want. We can have like a couples night or something. Lol.' I replied.

'Sounds great. When does the show start?'

'I've gotta be there in about an hour, but the actual show starts at 7.'

'Okay. We'll probably come around 4 this afternoon. He has to do some chores around the house to distract his parents.'

We just helped him gain some freedom, and now he's sneaking out. Sounds like something Brooklyn would do. They have a lot of things in common.

The next message was from Ezra.

'Good Morning gorgeous. Can't wait to see you srut your stuff tonight! ;)'

I just sent him a winkey face back and then jumped into the lukewarm shower, letting the water loosen up my stiff, freezing body. I shampooed and conditioned my hair then washed myself with Tokyo Lotus bodywash I got from bath and body works. It smells so good!! I got the lotion too so I'm smelling good today! After I was done bathing, I combed through my soft hair and put it up into a loose french braid with a few strands drooping around my neck to add to the 'laziness' look. I didn't put on my mask for the day because they're gonna do it for me. I slipped on some old sweatpants, a T-shirt, and my toms, then headed down stairs to eat breakfast with my dad.

"Tell me again why you didn't go 2 weeks ago when you were supposed to." My dad said, confusion written all over his face.

"Because I was too upset about the breakup to worry about a stupid runway. Now, I'm kind of excited. You're coming right?" I asked.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. You're gonna look so beautiful up there. Your mom would love to see you up there being all girly. When you were a baby, she wanted to enter you into every pageant she could, but I told her not to because I didnt want you to grow up being conceited."

"I'm glad she didn't.  I would probably be like Britney. I wouldn't have gave Brooklyn, Cody, or Ezra a second of my time. I wouldn't be the person I am today."

"You're probably right. I'm proud of you Kylie. You're growing up to be a beautiful, intelligent, caring, young lady. Ezra better treat you right or I'm gonna have to pull the shot gun out on him." He warned, looking dead serious.

"Don't worry. It can continue catching dust in it's little old cabinet in the hallway." I stated, patting his head and taking a bite out of my grape jelly covered toast.

"I'm serious Kylie. He better not hurt you. If he does, he'll never see the light of day again."

"He won't hurt me dad. You have to trust me on this." I said, looking him in the eyes.

He paused for a momment and then just started smiling.

"I know he won't. He loves you too much. Y'alls relationship reminds me of how your mother and I were when we first started dating. We were so in love. Nothing could break us apart. That's how true love is. It's too strong to be broken by things that are thrown at you. Don't let this one go. He's a keeper." He smiled, heading off to wash the dishes.

I hugged him goodbye and then started my journey to my modeling gig. I never thought I would be, but I'm actually pretty da** excited about this. I've never been pampered before so this is gonna be fantastic.

When I arrived, people started following me around and a few took pictures of me. I searched for Mrs.Barber, but couldn't find her anywhere. Instead of looking like a lost puppy, I walked over to the tables full of food. Sadly, none of the food was worth eating. I mean, who wants to eat brocoli, carrots, and spinach this early in the morning? I've gotta have my chocolate, twinkies, and cupcakes. This crap ain't cuttin it. I grabbed the only thing eatable, which is a banana, and walked towards the line of chairs beside a ginormous closet full of beautiful and not so beautiful dresses. Getting bored, I opened one of their albums. This particular album had hot guys in leather jackets with nothing underneath. Oh my gosh.....Que the drooling.

"Hi. May I help you?" A tall woman in her mid thirties asked, pulling me out of my perverted thoughts.

"I'm looking for Mrs. Barber. I was told to meet her here at 8."

"She's talking to one of her models right now. Do you need me to sign anything?"

"Umm.....No. Why would I need you to sign anything?" I asked, baffled.

"You're a delivery person right?"

"No. I'm modeling in her show tonight."

"You? Modeling? Not even in your dreams sweetheart." She said chuckling, pissing me off.

"And what's that supposed to mean??" I asked, standing up out of my chair.

"You aren't the modeling type. You're too curvy and short."

"Well I am so fu-" I replied, before I was interrupted, kind of glad because I hate using that word.

"Kylie! You made it!! Let's get you ready to shock the world with your beauty!" She stated excitedly, grabbing my hand and dragging me with her.

I looked back and the look on that stuck up brats face was priceless. Serves her right. When we got to the hair and makeup room, I saw Adrienne in there brushing her hair. She actually looks less like a bi** and more like a friendly stranger. After noticing me, her expression changed immediately and she stopped playing with her hair. I kindly smiled at her and carried forward with my walking. Since every other girl in here was doing it, I took down my hair and started combing through the tangles. After that, I just sat there and waited for further instructions.

*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*

"You ready?"

I smoothed out my dress and then nodded my head. We walked backstage and the nerves all hit me at once. My hands started sweating and my head started pounding. Man I hate being nervous. The dragons are swarming around my stomach, not planning on landing any time soon.

Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out.

"Y-you look beautiful." A rough voice said, sending a volt of electricity through my body.

"Thanks." I replied, blushing immensely.

"Are you nervous?"

"Oh of course not. I'm just modeling in front of hundreds of people and being judged from my head to my toes. You know, no big deal." I answered sarcastically.

"You'll be okay. You're the best looking girl here. Everyones eyes will be on you, but for a good reason."

"I hope you're right."

"I am." He answered, giving me a goodluck kiss.

"I'll see you on the runway. Make sure you let everyone know you're mine." He stated, slowly walking back to his seat.

Oh man......how am I gonna do this? I'm gonna end up tripping on these ridiculous high heels, face planting onto the hard floor in front of everyone. I'm just gonna back out now before I make a total fool of myself.

"Where do you think you're going? It's time for you to go on." Mrs. Barber stated, pushing me back towards the crowd of judging people.

"No where I guess." I whispered.

I took a big breath and then walked the runway. All of my nerves went away when I saw the look in Ezras eyes. Now I feel like I can accomplish anything.