Chapter 34

We're all in the living room, talking about random stuff. Mason and Cody have been trying to throw popcorn into each others mouths, but they've been failing miserably. Adrienne and Brooklyn are getting along pretty well which is very surprising. I figured they would hate each other. Adrienne has even tried being nicer to me. I guess her 360 degree turn around is because she's developing a huge crush on Cody. At least I have something to hold against her if we ever get into another argument. 

"Ezra's been moping around. Every time we hang out, it's like he's not even there. It's starting to worry me. He wasn't even this bad when him and Loren broke up." I over heard Mason tell Cody.

I don't know if I was supposed to hear that or not, but I immediately tensed up when I heard his name. Hearing his name even hurts.

"Yeah, Kylie's the same way. She wasn't great before they started dating, but now she's even worse. We've gotta help them somehow. They need each other." Cody replied.

I jumped up from my seat on the couch and walked out of the room. I don't want to hear that bullcrap. We don't need each other. We're better apart. If I'm even in the same room as him, I feel like screaming my lungs out.

I slowly made my way into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and sat down at the dinner table. I want this night to end. I want to hide in my room and drown myself in my deep, scary thoughts. I need to be left alone, but I can't just kick them out. That would be rude of me. The bad thing is.....

I want Ezra to wrap me in his strong arms and tell me everything is gonna be okay; We're going to get through this. I know that will never happen. It's just one of the many thoughts running through my head.

I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to find Mason looking at me with pitty. Why can't they just leave me alone?

"What do you want? To tell me I need to give him a chance to explain everything? To tell me I'm dumb and I need that jerk in my life? Well you're wrong. I don't need a man in my life. I can be an independent woman just like my mom!!" I snapped, slaming my hand onto the table.

"Actually, I was just gonna ask if you had any more popcorn. We ran out......" He stated, pointing his thumb in the direction of the living room.

"Oh...Uh....Yeah. In the cabinet closest to the fridge, top shelf." I replied, a little awkwardly.

"Thanks." He smiled.

I sighed and laid my head down, covering it with my hands. I desperately need to get some rest. My head is pounding so hard that every little racket is like a huge earthquake. Not only my head, but my whole body is sore. My feet are killing me.

"He really is telling the truth Kylie. Loren is completely over him and vice versa. They've both moved on. They're just friends." Mason said, annoying me.

I wish they would just drop it and leave me be.

"Just leave me alone. I don't want to hear it. I'm done with him and every other guy out there waiting to break my heart."

"Fine, but you're making a big mistake. Loren and I love each other. She would never cheat on me and I know Ezra feels the same way about you. He is in love with you. He wants to spend the rest of his life with you. He has never been like this before. You have to believe him." He said, leaving me stunned.

"Y-You and Loren love each other??" I asked, bewildered.

I never knew they were in a relationship like that.

"Yeah we do. And Ezra loves you. Give him a chance. He deserves it." He stated, walking back towards the others.

Maybe he's right. Maybe I should believe him. But I can't get back with him. Not right now. I need some time to myself. I don't even know if I want to get back together or not.

Que the earthquake. Ugh! I need some pills!

*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*★*

Another day of seeing him in the hallways and setting next to him in Mr. Jimmy's class. Seeing him is hard, but hearing him speak is even harder. When he says my name, it gives me chills. I hate that I love him. I don't want to, but my heart doesn't care; The heart wants what the heart wants. My mind is telling me to forget about him and leave him in the past where he belongs, but my heart is telling me a different story. It's telling me to go after him and accept his apology. It's telling me to believe him and let myself fall in love with the guy that brings out my best side. That makes me be the person I want to be. The person that reminds me of my mom. I want to make my mom proud. My mom would tell me to follow my heart. She would want me to do what makes me happy. I'm afraid that he won't make me happy. I'm afraid he will just tear me down. I'm also afraid that he will make me the happiest person alive. I don't want him to fill me with joy and then take it all away. He has that affect on me.

Brooklyn, Cody, and I are waiting on the bell to ring so we can go to our lockers and head to class. We normally get here just a few seconds before the bell rings, but Brooklyn needed to get away from her mom so we left earlier than usual. I heard a loud car pull up and I turned my head just in time to see him get out in his tight jeans and muscle shirt. Why does he have to be so good looking? Brooklyn nudged my shoulder and pointed her head towards him. He was holding two roses. Well that's weird......

Ezra's P.O.V

It's been so hard without being able to hold her in my arms and kiss her whenever I want. I miss her so much it hurts. I love her with all of my heart and soul. She's all I want. Without her, I feel completely alone, but the worst feeling isn't being lonely. It's being forgotten by someone you will never forget. She treats me like I'm invisible. She never looks at me or speaks to me. I'm nothing to her. It's been hard walking through the hallways and seeing the way she looks; lost and alone. I want to wrap her in my arms and comfort her. Love is knowing that person inside and out, when you kiss you go dizzy, and your feet don't touch the ground. They are all you think about, you see them where ever you go, and you hear them all the time. I, Ezra Johnson, am in love with Kylie Anders.

So, today I decided I was going to try and win her back. I need her in my life. She's the only reason I get up every morning. Kylie will be mine. I will get her back.

Kylie's P.O.V

He started walking towards me. My heart was racing so fast you could hear it. I was getting so nervous my palms were sweating. I shouldn't be getting this worked up over him. I need to pull myself together. No matter how hard I try, I can't move. I'm frozen.

When he reached me, his eyes were locked on mine.

"You're the reason I wake up in the morning, you're the reason I find a way to smile, you're the one person that can change everything around when it's going bad. Your eyes, your smile, your everything, your laugh, the look in your eyes when you used to talk to me. It's just everything about you that makes me want you even more. Kylie, I love you. Please give me another chance. I will treat you like you deserve to be treated." He said, earning a few tears from me.

He handed me two roses, each with a note.

"Read them when you have the chance." He whispered into my ear, walking away. Brooklyn was standing next to me, squeezing my hand. He just had to make it this much harder. How am I gonna move on when he says something like that?

That's the thing. I won't be able to.

(A/N Okay so.....It's still not a great chapter and It's shorter than normal but I've been busy! Please bare with me! Do you think Kylie and Ezra will get back together? What do you think the notes say? Please comment your answers below!! Love you! :D Don't forget to vote and follow! Special thanks to @brittney77971 for being such a great reader! You're amazing!)