Chapter 10

Sadly, the weekend went by so fast. Before I knew it, Monday arrived and facing Ezra and everyone else was the only thing on my mind. I'm gonna be asked tons of questions about the fight and I don't know if I'll have the answers. I haven't talked to Drake or Brooklyn since the party. I just wanted the weekend to myself.

"Breakfast is ready!" My father shouted so loud, the neighbors could hear him.

As I entered the kitchen, I could smell crisp bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast with grape jelly. I know what you're thinkin 'How does she know everything down to the jelly?' Well, when it comes to food, I can smell it a mile away. I'm like Niall when it comes to food. I'm obsessed with it.

"Smells amazing dad, but shouldn't you be at work?" I asked, grabbing my plate and sitting down at the kitchen table.

"I don't have to go in until two because they are installing new phone lines. They didn't need us getting in their way."

"Oh okay well, thanks for breakfast. It tastes so good." I moaned, my taste buds exploding with joy.

"You're welcome hunny. I'm going to be working late today, though. Since we're going in late, we all have to work seven extra hours."

"So you're not gonna be home till after one o' clock in the morning?"

"Nope so if you want to, you can stay the night at Brooklyn's. I don't want you staying at home alone."

"Dad, I'm seventeen. I can stay home without you being here." I said, rolling my eyes and putting my plate in the sink.

"I know. I just want you to feel safe."

"I'll be fine. I've gotta get to school before I'm late. Love you. See you tomorrow, I guess."

"Alright. Have a good day. Love you too."

My dad has always been very protective of me. When my mom passed away, it got ten times worse. As I was walking to my truck, my phone vibrated, indicating I had a new message.

From: My Boo! :p

'Hey are you still bringing me and Cody to school?'

'Of course. I'll be there in about ten minutes.'

On the drive there, I was singing my heart out and dancing to the radio. Mmm Yeah by Austin Mahone came on and I couldn't help but dance along to it. I got a few looks from other drivers, but I didn't care. They don't need to be worrying about what I'm doing. They need to be focused on driving.

When I pulled in their driveway, Cody was trying to pick up all of the papers that flew out of his binder. Brooklyn was just sitting on the step looking at her phone, not even paying attention to Cody.

"Brooklyn!! Cody's papers are flying everywhere and all you're doing is playing on your stupid phone. You should have helped him." I stated, helping Cody and glaring at Brooklyn.

"He shouldn't be so clumsy. It's not my fault he doesn't watch where he's going."

"You're the one that put your leg out in front of me and tripped me!" Cody exclaimed.

"Next time, watch your step." Brooklyn smirked, getting into the passenger side of my truck.

"Nope. Brooklyn, you're sitting in the back today. Cody gets to sit in the front."

"What!? Why? This is my seat!" She said, looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"You should have thought about that while you were bullying your brother."

Brooklyn glared at Cody, "Whatever. This isn't over Cody."

"Thanks Kylie and it hasn't even begun Brooklyn." Cody replied, sticking out his tongue at his annoyed sister.