Chapter 21

"W-wow." I stuttered.

We were at a vintage looking barn decorated with Christmas lights. The lights were all different colors. There was music playing in the distance. It was beautiful.

"Yeah... You haven't seen anything yet." He smirked, grabbing my hand.

He dragged me to the stables at the end of the barn. When we got there, two horses were saddled up. One horse had a pink saddle and the other one had a blue saddle. The horses were white. They were so gorgeous.

"They're beautiful. Horses are my favorite animal." I smiled, brushing the mane of the horse with the pink saddle.

"Good. Hop on." He smirked, jumping onto the blue saddled horse.

"Wait.....We're going horseback riding?" I asked, trying to hide my smile.

"Yeah, we are."

I just smiled and hopped onto the pink saddled horse.

"What are their names and who do they belong to?"

"The one you're on is named Sugar and the one I'm on is named Mo. They are my aunt's. She owns all of this land." He said, gesturing to all of the open fields.

"Wow. It's so peaceful out here."

"Yeah it is. I come out here when I need to escape life for a little while."

"So where are we headed?" I asked as we rode towards the sunset.

"You'll just have to wait and see." He smirked, riding next to me.

We rode in silence for a while. We were just listening to the sounds of nature. The whistling of the wind, the chirping of the crickets, and the sound of crunching leaves beneath the horses feet. I'm really enjoying this date so far. I just want to know where we're going.

I started humming the lyrics to "Never gonna be alone" by Nickleback. It's an old song but I love it. It's just so sweet.

"If you ever feel like letting go, I won't let you fall. When all hope is gone, I know that you can carry on. We're gonna see the world out, I'll hold you 'till the hurt is gone...." Ezra sang.

My heart started pounding like crazy. His voice is amazing.

"I-I d-didn't know you listened to Nickleback." I stuttered once again. This boy is gonna cause me to get a speech impediment.

"Yeah. They're a great band. Old but great. They put a lot of meaning into their songs."

"I know. I listened to them all the time when I was younger. They would help me get through tough times."

"Me too". He smiled.

Not even a minute later, we arrived at a beautiful pond. The dock was decorated with lights just like the barn. The sun was setting behind the pond. There was a radio at the end of the dock and a blanket with a basket in the middle.

"We're having a picnic?" I asked as we were getting off of our horses and tying them to a tree.

"Yepp." He replied, popping the P.

We walked over to the picnic and sat down. The radio was playing soft music in the background. I couldn't hear the song very well but from what I could hear it sounded like "Just the way you are" by Bruno Mars.

"I hope you don't mind being so far away from everything at night time." He stated, worried.

"No. Its fine. Actually, I would rather live away from everything than in the center of town. I'm a country girl at heart. Not City." I smiled, watching him get the items out of the basket.