Chapter 28

What am I gonna do? This is the most terrifying thing I have ever had to face in my entire life. Yeah, my mom dying from cancer was terrible, but now, I'm the one that might die from cancer. I haven't even lived my life. I'm just a 17 year old high school student trying to figure things out. I had dreams of having the perfect wedding, the nicest house on the block with a white picket fence, and 2 beautiful kids. I don't know if they'll ever come true now.

I sighed and slowly slid into my comfortable bed, cuddling with a huge blanket my grandmother made me. When she found out we were moving, she said she wanted to make me something that would keep me warm at night and remind me of home, so she made me a gigantic blanket covered in titles of my favorite songs. I love it so much. On the back of my blanket, she put the last words my mother said to me. When she first showed me this, I cried and screamed at her. I didn't want to be reminded of that horrific day, but in the end, I knew she was just trying to remind me of how much my mom cared about me. I read the tear inducing words every night before I go to bed.

I love you to the moon and back. You're beautiful inside and out and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know. You are the reason I looked forward to waking up every morning. You lit up every room you walked into. Your smile always made my day. I want you to have the best life possible. Get married to the man of your dreams, and have the job you're destined for. I'll always love you, my darling. You are my angel.

I miss her so much it hurts. I always went to her when I needed help with homework, or talk about anything from my day to my recent crush. We talked about anything and everything. We were so close. She was my best friend.

I started sobbing, not being able to control it anymore. I let out every tear I've been holding in for the past 5 years. And that's how I fell asleep, crying my eyes out.

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. Now I have to go to stupid school. At least I get to see Brooklyn, Cody, and Ezra. They are the only reasons I actually show up to school. If it wasn't for them, I would probably be homeschooled.

I dragged myself into the bathroom and turned on my shower. While I waited on the water to get warm, I brushed my teeth and turned on my music. I brushed my teeth for about 3 minutes and then hopped into my inviting shower.

15 minutes later, I'm scrummaging through my closet, trying to find a presentable outfit for school. I decided on a T-shirt I got from a Saving Abel concert a few years ago, and a pair of miss me jeans. I threw on a pair of black converse with hot pink shoelaces. I straightened my hair and braided my bangs to the side. Simple, but cute. It'll do. I grabbed my over the shoulder purse and my cellphone then ran down the stairs into the kitchen for a good breakfast. I made myself 2 fried eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, and a gravy covered biscuit. I poured myself a glass of apple juice and sat down at the kitchen table to enjoy my delicious meal.