Chapter 25

Well here goes nothing......

"Hey Loren! It's so great to see you!" I said, forcing a smile.

"Hey girl! I'm so excited for tonight! I was thinking maybe we could play a game of truth or dare with the guys! And then, us girls could go up to Adrienne's room and talk about everything!" She said, smiling so widely her face may get stuck in that overly excited position.

"Sounds great!" I replied, trying to slowly walk away.

"Well I'm going to see what the guys are up to. Knowing them, they'll be drinkin some beer or playing video games. Or maybe even both." She giggled. "Make yourselves at home."

As soon as I knew she was gone, I turned to Brooklyn.

"Gah! She is way too perky!"

"Yeah but she's nice. Don't be so bitter."

"I'll try, but can't make any promises."

"That's my girl." She smiled, checking her phone.

When she looked at what I'm guessing is a message, she started turning really red and smiled like an idiot.

"So who's lover boy?" I asked, smirking.

"Oh. Uh.... Just some guy I met at a party. We've been texting for a while."

"Oh really now? How come this is the first time I'm hearing about this?"

"Because it's nothing serious. Just flirty text messages every now and then."

"Well I can clearly see you like this guy. You don't blush for just anyone. The only time I saw you blush is when we were at the Austin Mahone concert and he stood right in front of you singing. You were grabbing his hand and blushing as red as a fire truck."

"Well he was looking right at me. He was like looking at me; Not just some fan." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

After that concert, she kept saying her and Austin had a connection. He apparently looked her straight in the eyes and winked at her. She could have sworn he was talking to her and not the rest of the screaming fans. I let her have hope for the first few weeks but it got pretty annoying so I had to set her straight and ruin her Auslynn dreams. Yeah, she came up with a ship name. It got that bad.

"Whatever. Now, about this boy.... Are you ever going to see him face to face or is it just gonna be a......technology relationship?" 

"I hope we actually see each other, but he's kind of got a girlfriend......" She said, muttering the last part.

"What?!?" I asked, shocked. If I had a drink in my mouth, I would have spit it out.

"He doesn't like her anymore. They have a terrible relationship and she's cheating on him, but if they break up, his parents will get pissed. She's their key to a new position in her parents business. Her parents are his parents' bosses." She said all in one long breath.

"You have to tell him y'all can't talk until him and this 'key' are finished. You need to start your relationship clean of any drama. Trust me. You don't want to bring everybody and their momma's into your relationship."

"I know. I just don't want to ruin what we might have. I really like this guy Kylie."

"I can tell....." I said before a light bulb turned on in my dark head. "Hey! Is this the guy that broke up the fight between Austen and Drake?"

"Yepp. That's my man." She smiled.

"He's cute." I smirked, watching her reaction with amusement.