Chapter 39

Colby's POV

Sam was twitching uncontrollably in my arms and I knelt on the ground and held him close to me as I looked at him with scared eyes.

"Sammy?! Sammy?! What did she do to you?!" I asked but he clearly couldn't respond. I had tears in my eyes and Elton knelt next to me nodding softly. I whimpered quietly but sighed as I looked back at her.

"Alright, just....just make it stop please" Katrina let go of the button and walked over to us, quickly picking Sam up and taking the bear with her. Sam was panting but he instantly started to cry.

"Colby!" He sobbed as he reached out to me and I held back every urge I had to hurt Katrina. "Colby don't leave me!" He sobbed.

"I won't leave you baby boy, I promise" I whispered as I showed him something I had been wearing around my neck. It was a tiny blue plastic pacifier and he was still crying but he nodded slowly only looking at the necklace, trying to burn it in his brain. Katrina was shushing him softly as she carried him inside and I had a few tears slide down my face.

"I love you." Was all I was able to say before the door was slammed shut and all I could here was sam crying. I felt my heart snap and I just walked to the car as I sobbed. I had failed him, he had gotten hurt and I had failed him. I was going to save him but I failed him. Elton was gonna say something but I simply climbed into the back and dropped the car keys in the front seat before I curled in the back and cried silently. Elton looked at me with soft eyes and sighed before he started the car and we drove home.

Sams POV

I was throwing the biggest tantrum I had ever thrown. I wasn't eating anything or drinking anything, or taking anything from Kat as I cried.

"I want Colby!" I screamed as I sobbed and Kat looked at me with soft eyes.

"Baby he hurt you, why would you want to go back to him?" She asked softly as she knelt in front of me.

"You hurt me! He has only loved me and you hurt me!" I sobbed as I crossed my arms and wouldn't look at her. She grabbed my jaw and I fought her as I screamed and cried. She made me look at her and her eyes were soft and loving which made me calm down a bit.

"Baby I know I hurt you and I'm sorry but I couldn't let him just take you from me like that. I didn't know what else to do when he wouldn't listen." I shook my head softly as I looked at the ground and tears silently slid fine my face.

"I don't believe you" I mumbled.

"You don't have to but I want you to eat something. You can watch me make Mac and Cheese out of the box if thats What it takes but you need to eat baby boy." I looked at her with big and pain filled eyes but nodded as I made granny hands. She gently picked me up and carried me to the kitchen and set me on the counter before making the Mac and Cheese. I smiled softly once it had cooled off and she handed it to me and patted my head.

"I understand if you want to stay in your room forever, but know I will be here for you." I nodded and quickly finished before handing her the bowl with a small Thanks before I tried to jump off the counter but she quickly grabbed me and carried me to my room. I gently rested my head against her shoulder as I felt a little sleepy. This always happened when I threw tantrums, and I whined softly feeling sleepy. 

"Are tired little one?" Katrina asked me softly and I shook my head no not wanting to sleep. Because he wasn't with Colby, he was with Kat.

"Are you sure baby?"

"I'm not your baby" I hissed and jumped out of her arms glaring at her. She tried to reach out to me but I walked away from her and stayed away from her. I then saw my phone and I ran to it and grabbed it, calling Colby. He answered and I heard him sniffing, so I could tell he had been crying which shot me out of little space.

"Colby hey baby are you okay?" I asked him softly and I heard his breath hitch.

"Sam are you okay what happened did she hurt you you aren't small. I swear is she hurt my little prince more...." I smiled and sighed.

"No no I'm fine, just sleepy. I heard you had been crying and I got worried. Please come get me baby. I want to go home and I want to sleep in your arms." Tears started to fill my eyes and my voice became whiny. I heard a muffled 'turn around, go back now.'

"Baby im coming for you don't worry. Just stay there I love you baby"

"Wuv you too." Then he hung up and I looked over my body until I saw the shock collar on my wrist. I pulled it off and walked out into the living room with the bear and blankie, smiling as I walked over to Katrina.

"Hi little one, you wanna watch some cartoons?" I nod and crawl into her lap, and once I wrapped the blankie around me I carefully clicked the shock collar around her wrist with a smile. We started watching Danny Phantom when there was a knock on the door. Kat looked at it curiously when she licked me up and carried me to the door and opened it before glaring at who was standing there and she was about to slam the door but I reached out and stopped it with my hand before reaching out for Colby. He smiled and gently grabbed my hands and started to walk closer to us while Kat started to walk back.

"Leave my baby alone!" She shrieked.

"He's defiantly not your baby. Let sam choose who he wants to go with" Colby said simply, and Kat sighed putting me on the ground while flashing the remote. I look at her and giggle then look at Colby and smile as I slowly starting to walk to who I was choosing