Chapter 13

Colby POV

Sam was leaning against my chest as he told Hannah what had happened. I watched as Hannah smirked as she listened to the story, her eyes full of excitement and pride. Once he was done, Jake tossed him a cigarette and I glanced at him before sighing and pulling out my lighter. He smiled up at me and took it, lighting up as Jake passed out the other cigs. I watched Sam cautiously as I lit up and he took a deep breath. I was waiting for the coughing and the gasping but it never came. Instead he slowly blew out a puff of smoke shaped as a heart. I looked at him stunned and he smirked.

"Did I mention that at my old school I used to smoke?"

"No I think you forgot to mention that one Sammy" he laughed and kissed my cheek softly.

"Oh well, you learn something new everyday." I shook my head and kissed the top of his, gently running my fingers through his hair.

"You're crazy you know that right?" He looked up at me with bright eyes and nodded.

"But I know you love it" he smirked and I laughed kissing him softly.

"That is very true." I was happy now, I felt complete and not so empty. He was my little sunshine, the light that lit up the last bit of darkness in my heart. I was gonna do something special for him and I was gonna make him mine, forever.

A week later

I had been planning for what felt like forever but I had finally figured out how I was gonna ask Sam to be my boyfriend. He was playing on the Xbox as I texted Jake making sure he had everything set up. When he gave me the okay I smiled and sat next to sam, leaning against him as he played and I looked up at him with big eyes.

"We should go in an adventure."

"What kind of adventure?" He asked not looking away from the screen.

"A fun one. It's a surprise though. Please?" I gave him puppy eyes as he glanced down at me and I watched him smile as she sighed.

"Fine. But only because I can't stand to say no to those beautiful eyes." I smiled wide and say up kissing hims sweetly before I grabbed my keys. He turned off the game and got up shaking his head. I walked outside as I grabbed his hand and climbed into the car. Then I pulled out a blindfold and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Is this really necessary?"

"Yes yes it is" I smirked and he sighed, as I wrapped the blindfold over his eyes.

"I swear if you kill me...."

"Oh stop being such a baby" I said as I started to drive. I was a little nervous that he wouldn't like it or that he would reject me but I couldn't wait any longer. I drove for about an hour until I got to a beach in Venice. I parked the car and climbed out walking to the other side of the car. I smiled as I gently helped him out of the car and placed a pink flower crown on his head, he jumped slightly at this which caused me to laugh. Then I gently started to lead him down the beach, he was clinging to me trying not to fall, which was even more funny though I held onto him tightly so that he wouldn't fall. Jake was long gone by the time I got there which made me relax as I stood behind Sam and had my arms wrapped around his waist.

"Are you ready for the surprise?" I whispered in his ear softly and I felt him shiver before nodding slowly. I smiled and let go of him and gently undid the blindfold so that his flower crown wouldn't fall off. Once I pulled it off I heard him gasp as he covered his mouth looking at what lay before him. Right by the edge of the water was a small table with chocolates, surrounded by lanterns, and a few were lightly floating away in the sky, just like I had asked Jake to do.

"You did all of this?" He asked softly looking at me and I nodded. He smiled and I could see the tears in his eyes before walking up to me and crashing his lips against mine, holding my face in his hands. I held his hips tightly and smiled softly into the kiss as I pulled him closer. We kissed for what felt like an eternity, before he just barely pulled away and looked at me with shining blue eyes.

"Thank you," he whispered.

"Of course Sammy. Now there's a reason I brought you out here" he looked at me curiously and it only made me smile more. I looked at him with bright but soft eyes as I gently caressed his cheek.

"Sammy...will you be my boyfriend?" I asked softly as he smiled and hugged me tightly.

"Yes of course Colby. I'd love to be your boyfriend" he mumbled into my neck which sent a shiver down my spine as I smiled.

"Good" I whispered in his ear before nuzzling the side of his head. "You mean the world to me Sammy"

"And you mean more to me than the entire universe." He whispered back as I smiled. This was perfect, this made me happy.