Chapter 1

November 6, 2008 we boarded the tour bus after having played a show at Harper's Ferry in Allston. Joe was the first on, followed by me, then Andy, and Pete last. It had been a fun show. Nothing extraordinary, but fun nonetheless.

        "I'm beat. 'Night guys," Andy told us, immediately heading for his bunk, presumably to sleep.

        "Me too. See you guys in the morning," Pete said, rubbing his eyes and yawning a little before plodding in the same direction as Andy.

        Joe and I simultaneously told them goodnight before settling in to do our own things. I don't know what he did but I headed to the back to change into comfier clothes: a t-shirt and a pair of PJ pants. The smiling snowmen on my pants seemed to gaze back up at me with empty eyes so when I sat down on the couch, I pulled a blanket over my lap to block them from my view and me from their's.

        I let out a sigh and grabbed my laptop from the cushion beside me, earphones already plugged in. I was tired but knew I woudln't be able to sleep. It took me an hour at least after a show to get to sleep and that was on a good night. Messing around in garage band for a couple hours, I finally climbed into my bunk around 2. Joe had gone to bed much earlier than I but Andy and Pete still had him beat.

        A few minutes later, a voice floated up from the bunk beneath me. "Patrick?" Pete spoke my name. I ran a hand through my hair, contemplating pretending to be asleep for a split second but decided against it. Pete knows I can't fall asleep right after climbing into my bunk.

        "Yeah?" I asked with a slight sigh, rolling over so I looked out into the bus. Andy and Joe had both pulled their curtains shut, I realized. That was pretty normal, though.

        It was a moment before he responded, making me wonder if he was rethinking what he planned to say. Then again, Pete didn't do too much planning ahead.

        "Are you nervous about releasing Folie?" he asked me, sounding like he wanted to say something else but had stopped himself.

        "Yeah, a little bit," I told him, nodding even though he couldn't see it. "I always am before we release an album, though." I let out a slight laugh, more of a sudden exhale than a real laugh.

        That statement elicited the same kind of laugh from him, saying, "Yeah, man. Me too." The bus then fell silent, the only sounds echoing through of the tires running along the road and of other cars passing us.

        "Well I'm going to try and get some sleep," I said after a moment, beginning to pull my curtain shut.

        "Wait," he protested suddenly and I could hear him shuffling around before I saw his head pop up above the side of my bunk. He was shirtless, that much I could tell but I couldn't see any lower than his chest due to the bed. That was nothing new, though. Pete was shirtless pretty often on stage even.

        Stepping on the edge of his bed to propel himself up, he climbed into my bunk and positioned himself above me, one knee between my legs and his hands on either side of my head to hold him up. His back was just grazing the ceiling and we were close, our faces inches apart. I could now tell that he had on long pajama pants.

        "Pete? W-what are you doing?" I asked, nervous, confused, and stuttering a little, the last probably a result of the first.

        "Sshh," he whispered, gently pressing a finger to my lips. "Trust me. Just once."

        He didn't move his finger until I nodded, shutting the curtain before his hand returned to it's position beside my head. I didn't know what prompted this in Pete, I mean, I didn't even think he was into guys but... Who knows? Leaning down, he closed the small distance between us and pressed his lips to mine. I almost pushed him off but Pete was my best friend and he'd said to trust him so maybe he had a plan...

        His lips traveled from my lips down to my neck, sucking and biting like he was trying to give me a hickey. I let out a soft groan when he hit that spot. I could feel him smirk against my neck. My hands moved to his chest, running my fingers across the hard skin.

        Slowly, I felt one of his hands trail down my body, stopping on my hip. Gripping my hip, he began to grind gently against me, unknowingly pulling his loosely tied pajama pants down in the process. It didn't look like he had any underwear on and, shoot me for it, I was enjoying it. I wasn't into guys though...was I?