Stressin'

I stayed up all night thinking about college and Kylie and Cameron.

I have to make a decision about college as soon as possible because I have to get my application in. I wish my parents were home, they would help me decide.

If I leave, I abandon Kylie and Nash when they need me, I leave Cameron, and I leave the only life I've ever known. If I stay, I miss a fantastic opportunity that would look so good on job résumés, I to challenge myself, and I get to finally get a fresh start where I can make a name for myself.

I've been weighing these pros and cons for hours and I didn't get any sleep. I even made an application incase I decide to go. It's a good thing today is Friday so I can recover from a week without sleep.

I got ready for school and went downstairs where my brothers were eating breakfast and making sure they had everything together.

"Abby, how long is your friend going to be here?" Zach asked.

"Not much longer. I'm going to go check on her," I said turning to go upstairs.

I walked into my room where she was sound asleep. I walked over and shook her gently.

"Ky, Ky, c'mon wake up," I said.

"What do you want?" She said groggily.

"You haven't gone to school all week, you need to go."

"But I'm pregnant, not really feeling up for it," she said rolling over.

"You're going to be feeling worse as your due date approaches, you need to go now while you are still feeling alright because you'll miss a lot after the baby is born."

"Yeah, you're right, I'll come in a little late but I will be there."

"Alright see you there," I said and left the room.

When I got to school I saw Cameron waiting by my locker. I had kind of been avoiding him all week because I knew that I would break down if I saw him, like I'm about to now.

"Abby, baby," he said when he saw me. He ran over and wrapped me up in a big hug.

I felt tears brimming my eyes and a huge knot forming in my throat.

"I know you said you need sometime alone, so I tried to keep my distance, but I can't take it anymore," he said still holding me in his arms. "Did I do- baby what's wrong?" He asked after he let me go and saw my teary eyes.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I can't keep doing this, being the one depends on. I need help too," I broke down and started babbling about random things.

"Abby, take a deep breath. Calm down and talk to me," he said looking into my eyes.

I did what he said and tried to slow down my breathing.

"Mrs. Travis said that my grades are high enough that I can graduate a year early," I said.

"Abby, that's great! I'm so proud of you."

"No it's not! I can't leave Kylie and you, that would be so selfish."

"No, you have to go. Kylie has Nash and of course I will miss you but if you don't go I will feel so guilty."

"I don't know what to do," I choked out. I feel like I'm making a bigger deal out of this than it should be, but I can't shake this feeling.

"Don't think about me, or Kylie, or anything else that's keeping you from going. Just clear your head. Alright," he asked putting his hands on my shoulders and looking into my eyes. "Now picturer yourself a year from now. Are you here in high school, or in college chasing your dreams?"