Another New Kid

A/N

Sorry I haven't updated!!!

I've been swamped with homework :(

I'll update as much as I can, but I don't know how often that will be. . .

I hope you like this chapter

---------------------------

Abby's POV:

It was Monday morning and I was at my locker with Cameron.

"So, I have something to ask you, and it's kind of important," Cameron said. I could tell he was nervous by the way he had his hand behind his neck and wouldn't make eye contact with me.

"What's up?"

"So, my mom, like actual mom, is coming here and she wants to have dinner with me and my mom who has actually taken care of me. I wanted to know if you would come too? I don't blame you if you don't want to or-"

"Cameron, of course I'll go. I don't want you to be alone when your mom and real mom get together. That has fight written all over it," I said.

"Oh my gosh, thank you!" He said pulling me in for a hug. "I don't know what I would do if you said no. I meant I would completely understand and everything, but I don't think I can sit at dinner with my mom and real mom. It's this Saturday at 6. I'll pick you up and we can go."

"Ok, cool," I said and we started walking to 1st period. We were almost there when-

"Abigail Drake, please report to the office. Abigail Drake, to the office. Thank you," came over the speakers.

"Well, I'll see you later," Cameron said.

"Yeah, see ya," I replied.

As I walked down the hallway to the office I didn't hear the normal gossip like I would have if the halls were full. The. Only people I saw were those freshmen who got confused to where their class was and were running late. I remember when that was me, walking into the wrong class and then having to explain to the teacher in front of the whole class why you were late. When I got to the office I went straight into Mrs. Travis's office.

"Abby I have another student for you!" She said excitedly.

"Ok, who is it?" I asked.

"We'll his name is Nash Grier. He and his family just moved here from North Carolina and based on how welcomed you made Cameron feel, I was hoping you could do the same with Nash!"

"Um, uh, sure. When will he be getting here?" I asked.

"Any minute now. His little brother Hayes will also be joining our freshman class, but don't worry, I'll have someone else do that," she said happily. She seemed oddly happy today, and it was Monday.

Just as I was about to ask why, the door opened and 2 boys walked in. The one who walked in first I assumed was Hayes because he was shorter and looked younger that the other boy who walked in.

Then I looked at Nash. He was a decent height with medium length brown hair. He didn't look up for a while, but when he did I saw his amazing eyes. They were this beautiful electric blue that seemed oddly bright.

"Welcome boys to Dixie Academy! This is Abby Drake, and she will be showing Nash around. So, Nash, let's get your schedule figured out and then we'll talk with Hayes."

I just sat there and pretended to listen like I did last time when it was Cameron. After a few minutes of daydreaming, it was finally time to leave.

"Have a great day, I'll see you later!" Mrs. Travis said as we walked out.

"So, what's you first class?" I asked.

"Psychology with Mr. Landor," he said. Wow, his voice was deep.

"Ok, that's this way," I said leading him down the hallway. First we went to his locker so he could put everything in there. We talked about his schedule and where those classes were. "So we have English together and we are in the same lunch period so I'll see you then. You know where to go for your classes right?"

"Yeah, I got it," he said.

"Ok see you later," I said and walked to my next class.

****

I walked into the cafeteria for the first time since Cameron's first day. I was with Nash and Cameron and Spencer were saving us a table. I looked around and found them in the back corner. Neither of them were talking. . . Awkward.

"Hey Abby, who is this?" Spencer asked. She looked Nash up and down and by the smile on her face I could tell she like what she saw.

"This is Nash. Nash this my beast friend Spencer and this is my boyfriend Cameron," I said motioning to each of them.

We talked for a while before Spencer took over the conversation.

"You wanna get out of here?" Cameron whispered.

"Cameron and I are gonna go. Talk to you guys later," I said as we got up. Cameron took my hand and we walked down the hallway to our lockers.

"So what's your mom like? Not your real mom, but the one who took you in," I asked.

"She's cool. Why?"

"No reason. It's just you have met my whole family and you never talk about yours."

"There's nothing really to talk about. I mean, I'll never be able to thank her enough for what she did. I there are foster kids going in and out if there all the time. I'm one the only one lucky enough to stay there permanently."

"I'm excited to meet her this weekend."

"No you should meet her before that. I think she's going to be a little crazy the night if the dinner and she's usually not like like that. We can go after school on Friday," he smiled.

"Ok that's great." And with that the bell rang.

****

I got home and I was so excited. After school I talked to the basketball coach and he said if I practiced with them for a while and succeeded I could play on the team!!!

I decided to wait and tell my family at dinner, or whoever is there at the time. When I told Cameron he was so happy for me. I'm excited to meet his mom on Friday, but not sure how I feel about the dinner on Saturday. I don't know how well it will go, but my guess is that we won't make it to dessert.

I did my homework and it was time for dinner. Mom picked up Subway on her way home, my favorite.

"So how was school?" She asked.

"School. But I do have some good news."

"What?"

"I talked to the basketball coach today and he said I can play on the team!" I screamed.

"Oh my gosh, Abby that's awesome!"

"What's awesome?" My dad asked walking into the room.

"Abby's going to play basketball agin!" My mom was so happy, probably because it was her dream for me to get a D1 scholarship for basketball.

"Good job baby doll, I'm proud of you," he said walking over and kissing the tip of my head. "Abby, I need to talk to you."

"Ok. . . Dad what's up?" I said confused.

"I don't want you to see Cameron any more."

"WHAT?!"