Epilouge

One year later:

I was on my way home from my first day at college. I drove down the long drive way with trees lining the pavement. The warm August sun breaking between the leaves, making the shadows create a strobe effect on.

Today was my first day away from Landon and Carter. I was unsure about even leaving them at all.

After what happened last spring Cameron and I adopted Landon and Carter. I decided to go to a community college for this year and then go to a college with Cameron next year. I am taking early morning classes so I will be home by 10 or 11 everyday. My mom watches the kids while I am at school. Cameron spends most nights on the couch at my house because he refuses to leave. This summer was really hard, but we managed to get through it.

6 Years Later:

Cameron and I are out of college and the twins are 6. They both have bright blue eyes, but Landon has blond hair like Kylie and Carter has dark hair like Nash. Carter is a trouble maker and loud. Landon is more quiet. They both play soccer, basketball, baseball, and are really smart.

When Landon was one he had his first word. It was "mom" like most kids. When I heard him say that my heart broke. I wasn't his real mom, Cameron wasn't his real dad. They will never know their parents.

When they were 5, the time came when we had to tell them what happened to their parents. They knew they were adopted already because we stressed that a lot as they were growing up. Obviously we did not go into much detail. All we told them was that Kylie got sick when she was pregnant with them, and got so sick she passed away. And then we told them that their dad get very sad and missed their mom very much. We said he had a problem in his brain and passed away too.

"But why?" They kept asking. We didn't know how to respond.

"It will make more sense later, but for now just know that we love you, they love you, and they would be very proud of you guys."

On thier first day of kindergarden, Carter refused to get on the bus but Landon hopped right on. Cater said he didn't want to go because Cameron and I would not be there.

"You gotta go buddy. I will be right here when you come home. I love you," I said and kissed his head.

"You promise mommy?"

"I promise. Now go so you can tell me all about it when you get home." With that he ran to the bus.

8 Years Later:
Cameron and I had our first big fight. Money, of course. We were both working too hard to no avail. Cameron was a public speaker and therapist for teens and I was a writer. He thought we needed more money, but I thought we were fine. He ended up sleeping over at his parents' house.

"Is dad coming back," seven year old Landon asked.

"I hope," I said quietly.

The next day at work I got a message from my best friend Sophie, who married Shawn, to come to dinner with her that night. I said I would and left to go straight to dinner. When I got to the restaurant, it was empty. The acoustic version of "Vegas" by All Time Low was playing, one of my favorite songs.

"Do you like it?" An all too familiar voice said. I turned to see Cameron standing in a tux.

"Of course," I said and walked over to him.

"I'm sorry. I've just been really stressed about stuff."

"I know, I have too, but I wish you would tell me what you're so stressed about."

"Well, if I did that then it would not be a surprise," he said with a smile.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well," he said getting down on one knee. My hand instantly went over my mouth, and tears pricked the the corners of my eyes. "we have been in a relationship since junior year of high school, and I don't think you understand what you have done for me. We have been through hell and back, over and over, and I would do it all 10 times over if it meant I could be with you forever. So I guess what I'm getting at it, why don't we officially start our forever. Abigail Drake, will you marry me?"

The tears were flowing and my throat was tight. Cameron also had a few tears.

"Hell yeah!" I said. He got up and I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms were around my waist, picking me up.

We got married 7 months later in a small church. It was fall and everything was beautiful.

13 Years Later:
In addition to Landon and Carter, we now have a daughter named Lacy that has her father's eyes, a son named Aaron with my eyes, and a son named Zach with brown eyes.

Our family is perfect. Landon and Carter are extremely protective of their little siblings, especially Lacy. Lacy is spoiled and a total daddy's girl. She might be the middle child, but she has had Cameron wrapped around her little finger since he found out he was going to have a daughter. Aaron and Zach are exactly a like, but they fight a lot just like all brothers.

If you told me junior year that my life would end up like this, I would've said "yeah, okay," and not give it another thought. But this is perfect. I am surrounded with love and have my own family. This is all I have ever wanted and all I will ever need.

----------------------------------
So, this is the end.

Thank you so much for everything!!!!!
This being my first story, I am so happy it turned out like this!

Read my Luke Hemmings story! That would be really cool.

Thanks again and I love you all!!

love,
Nashty_grier_lol