Meet the Family

Abby's POV:

When Cameron and I arrived at my house my brothers have not gotten home from school yet. I unlocked the door and walked into the house I have lived in my whole life.

"Just warning you, it's a mess," I said as we walked into the living room. Cameron walked behind me, looking around at all the pictures of my brothers and me filling the rooms.

"Wow, how long ago was this picture taken?! You look like you're four years old!" He said laughing at a picture of me that was hanging on the wall in the living room.

"I was seven! Don't judge me, I thought I was drop dead goregous back then," I said laughing too.

"You have a lot of siblings."

"Only four. That one is Brandon, he's the oldest in college at the Univeristy of North Carolina, then Gabe, he's two years younger than me, Zach, who is four years younger than me, and finally Liam, the baby of the family who is seven years younger than me," I told him, pointing to the picture of each of them as I said their name. "Do you have any siblings?"

"I have a sister," he said kind of sadly, "I haven't seen her in a long time though."

"Oh, um. . ." just then the boys came through the door.

"Zach, I get to paly videogames first today! You got to yesterday!"

"Liam, no! I didn't get to play at all last week because I was grounded, I get to play first!"

"Abby!!! Tell him it's my day!"

"Zach, is it your day or Liam's?" I questioned him. They always fought over the stupidest things.

"Liam's, but I did not play last week and half of this week."

"Why is that?"

"I was grounded for failing a math test," he said quietly.

"If it's his day, it's his day. You get it after him just like anyother Wensday," I said to him.

"Oh my gosh," he said throwing his backpack down on the ground and stomping upstairs.

"Sorry he has some anger issues," I apologized to Cameron. "So do you want anything to eat?" I asked going into the pantry,

"Sure."

"Well, we have popcorn or Fruit Loops. Coose your pick," I said holding up the 2 options.

"Popcorn," he said smiling.

"Good choice." I put it in the microwave and sat next to Cameron at the counter. "So when the popcorn is done we can go in the basement and start on our homework, but I have to make sure the boys don't kill eachother."

"What's it like? Having a big family?" He asked softly.

"It's crazy. Honestly, no matter how pissed off I get at them, I wouldn't change anything. A much as I want them to just disappear sometimes, or how I want to disappear, I know that if that happened it would just make everything worse. My parents would be broken, I don't know how any of us could ever live again." I said. I never told anyone that before. I always complained to Spencer about my life, but I can't imagine what it would be like if even one of us was was not here.

"That must be nice," he whispered. He was so quiet I don't think I was supposed to hear that.

"What do you me-" yet again I was inturrupted by the microwave signaling the popcorn was ready.

"Abby, who's your friend?" Gabe asked. He had this look on his face and I knew he was just waiting to embaress me.

"Why don't you ask him, Gabe?"

"I'm Cameron," he said.

"Tell me Cameron, do you like my sister?"

"Umm. . . yeah, she's pretty cool."

"Well let me tell you, she can be the mo-"

"That's enough Gabe," I said ushering him out of the room.

"If you ever want to know anything about her, give me a call," Gabe yelled as I pushed him out of the room.

"He's a character," Cameron said as he let out a small laugh.

"Yupp, that's Gabe for ya. Let's go downstairs."

I led him into our basement, my dad's pride and joy. It had a projector screen and a bar area. There was also a table where my family and I always played cards. It was basically a mini personal sports bar. My dad loved it down here and we always have people over for football and basketball games.

"Whoa, this is basically my dream basement," Cameron said in awe.

"Yeah, without this basement I think my dad would've gone insane," at the mention of the word "insane" Cameron's face got a grim expression, but just as soon as it came, it left.

"So, homework," he said changing the subject. We sat at the table and started out homework.

A few minutes into doing our homework I could not get all the things that happened out of my head. I was getting really anxious, and I couldn't sit still. I started tapping my foot and my pencil.

"Are you okay?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah, never better."

"Alright then. . ."

Then we sat in silence for another minute before I couldn't take it anymore.

"Cameron what happened? Why does everyone hate you? I don't understand. What are you not telling me?!" I pleaded. Cameron clenched his jaw and his eyebrows knitted together.

What did I just do?

Cameron's POV:

"Okay. I'll tell you," I said. She deserved to know after all she has done for me.

But what will she think of me after I tell her?

I can't lose the only person that has ever cared for me.