EPILOGUE

Zacchary

Mirana gave me the same lecture when my daughter told her that I came home late for dinner last night. I was really busy and I even have more things to do today. But I couldn't even focus on a single thing with this walkie-talkie humanoid sermoning me.

"Mirana, I'll make up. I promise."I said to stop her from her lectures.

"Zacc, you should. Pero alam mong hindi ako kakalma hangga't hindi nawawala ang tampo ni Chance. I love that kid so much more than you. Kaya kung gusto mong 'wag kitang kulitin, ngayon ka na bumawi."

"Nana, I have a lot of things to do—"

"More important than your babygirl?"

I let out a sigh and stood up. "Fine, Mirana. Stop your nagging. I'm leaving the office now."

"Good. I'll call babygirl. Bye workaholic man."

Tss. Ang kulit e. Parang 'di nagmamature. She's still the same Mirana Hamilton I knew from Day 1. Will she ever grow up? Because right now, everyone can see that my son has more mature thinking than her. Hahaha. I'm kidding. Partly.

"Hello, pumpkin. Daddy brought you something."I exclaimed when I reached my daughter's room.

"Didn't you see the signboard on my door?"she furiously asked.

"Uh—oh! Sorry baby."I said apologetically and gave out a full-smile. Tsk. It's not working. She's still mad.

"Go out dad. Read the signboard."she demanded.

Napakamot ako ng ulo bago lumabas. Nakatayo ro'n ang isang anak ko na umiiling habang nakatitig sa nakasulat sa signboard. Peace Offering: Chocolates, Painting Materials and A date at the park.

"What do you think should we do, little man?" I asked little Zacc.

"Daddy, do you want me to be honest?"

"Always, champ."

"Well, I think that it's time to stop pampering my sister."he muttered seriously which made me laughed my ass off.

"You're right there, champ."I replied making him smirk.

"I can hear you!"Chance yelled from inside her room. Oh! Nagkatinginan kami ng anak ko.

"I guess, let's just give those to her."he said pointing his little finger at the signboard. "But... this will be the last."

The door suddenly popped open and revealed us, my little princess, already dressed-up. She even squared her arms while facing me and her brother.

"I hope this will be the last too. Everytime dad makes me disappointed, I have hard time thinking what to ask as a peace offering."pahayag niyang nagpatawa sa'kin.

Why is this little Chances so adorable? Maybe, she's telling the truth. She has hard time thinking what to ask me everytime I screw up. She always asks me the same thing: chocolates or marshmallows, painting materials and a date.

We used to go to a children's park before because Chance, being so active and energetic, wanted to go somewhere crowded. She loves to see a place with many faces. She's too talkative. Sometimes, she makes up stories about some people that catches her attention. Parang mommy lang niya. Ang cute no'ng anghel na 'yon, she once thought she's a vampire.

"Dad, look at the man with glasses."she began talking. I looked at the guy she pointed. "I can read his mind. He's thinking that maybe if he cleans up his mustache, his dog wouldn't have left him."

"Why's that? Do dogs hate people with a mustache?"

"Yes daddy. They do. They feel betrayed. They actually couldn't recognize the difference between a mustache and their furs. So if their owner has a mustache, they escape."she explained confidently.

"Where did you read that from, Chanchan?"Little Zacc interfered with frowning forehead.

"I just told you. I read the man's mind."

Napatawa ako sa tinuran nilang dalawa.

"Pumpkins, that's enough. Dad's hungry. Let's go and get something to eat."

The most adorable characteristic about my little lady is her thoughtfulness. She argues a lot with her brother when it comes to her never-stopping verbosity but she always considers thoughtfully about the things he loves. When we have discovered that paradise-like garden at the hill where Arlo and I set up his marriage proposal for my bestfriend, it became Chance' favorite park. She said that she wanted to go there because her brother loves somewhere peaceful.

"I really love to be here, daddy. Didn't you and tita Nana tell us that mom is just in the paradise?"she asked which made my smile escape from my lips. "Everytime we're here, it feels like she's close."

"Yeah."my little champ agreed. "I feel like mommy's hugging me."

I looked away to hide from their innocence the tears that fled from my eyes. Are you seeing us right now, babe? Are you close? If you are, can you hug me for a little while? I always miss you, babe. Bago pa magtaka ang mga anak ko ay pinahiran ko ang luhang namutawi sa mga mata ko.

"Who wants to play 'tickle me dead' with dad?"

"Nobody wants that game daddy!"they both screamed and began running.

Laughing at their cuteness, I ran after them to get them in my arms. Out of the void, my children's tiny voices and laughter faded. I heard my wife's laughter instead. I knew right that moment that someone's watching us. I looked around and saw a woman sitting on a bench from a distant. She looks so beautiful like she always does. The red tulips tucked behind her ear complimented her charm. That's her favorite flower. She was laughing attractively while she stared at me and my children, our children.

"Chances..."