Chapter 49: To Be Continued

There Felix and I sat alone in my living room, completely silent

There Felix and I sat alone in my living room, completely silent. We haven't spoken since everyone left approximately twenty minutes ago. I wasn't sure if I should speak up, or just leave Felix to think. He has been sitting on the couch staring at his hands this whole time. It appeared like he was in deep thought so the only thing I could do was watch him.

"Why didn't you tell me you dropped out of school?"

My ears perked at the sudden sound his voice.

I cocked my head to the side out of confusion and said, "it never came up in conversation, I guess?"

He stayed staring at his hands and sighed, "i guess it just makes me think about what else you've never told me."

Like usual Felix was right. Despite knowing each other for a few months and developing feelings for each other, we don't really know much about one another's personal lives. Of course I was okay with not knowing though, I feel like some stuff just isn't anyone's business.

"Why does your mom want you to go so bad?"

I pursed my lips and scooted closer to Felix. I was sitting a distance away which felt lonely. I hesitantly wrapped my arm around his shoulders, not knowing if he would be okay with skins ship in this situation.

"She just thinks it'll be better for me," I said pulling him into my side.

He rested his head on my shoulder and sighed, "so you still live with her?
This is her house?" He questioned.

"Yeah...she needs my help," I shrugged rubbing my thumb along his shoulder.

"Why?"

I pulled him closer and said, "that is a story for another time."

"No," Felix suddenly exclaimed and pushed away, "it's a story for now. Because what if you do go away and there won't be another time?"

My mouth fell open and I tried to protest, but I could think of nothing. I sighed if defeat and sat up straight.

"Okay. My mother works 4 jobs. Three day jobs and one night. She barley ever sleeps and can only make enough money to keep this roof over our head. I'm staying with her because she needs me for support. She has no one but me, ya know?"

Felix nodded and lifted his hand to run it through my hair. It instantly calmed me down, making my body relax.

"So your parents are split?" He asked. I hummed in response and leaned into his touch, "and you dropped out to help your mom?"

I nodded and closed my eyes.

"You like having your hair played with, huh?" He laughed and continued to run his fingers through my hair. I nodded again and chuckled slightly.

"Well," he said and suddenly stopped, "I want you go. If your father will give you a better living situation and let you go back to school, then it's better," he declared.