Chapter 13: Excited?

As soon as I agreed to go to the get together I immediately regretted it. The whole night I tried to think of excuses not to go and when I used them on Felix he always had a solution.

Barista Boy☕️
I'm sorry I have to run
errands for my mother.

Felix 👌🏻
That's okay, lets go
together and meet up with
the group later!

Barista Boy☕️
I suddenly don't have
to anymore.

Felix👌🏻
Oh okay 😂

I was almost positive he knew I was trying to get out of these plans but he sure was persistent.

Felix👌🏻
We'll be meeting at your work at 6 when Chan gets done, you better be there!

By we he meant himself and Hyunjin were meeting Woojin, Chan, and I. It wasn't like I didn't want to go I just dread meeting new people and basically any social activity. The only reason I even have a job involving consumers service, is because I have to help my mother pay the bills. If that wasn't a priority I wouldn't be working in this field.

I looked up to the clock from the island part in my kitchen. It read 5:30 pm, meaning I should probably head out to the coffee shop. I tapped my finger on the glass of water I was holding and pursed my lips. There was a sudden nervous feeling in my stomach when I heard the ding on my phone.

Felix👌🏻
Hyunjin and I are heading out now! Don't be late!

Barista Boy☕️
Okay 🙂

Read 5:32 pm

I sent a simple reply and slipped my phone into my jacket pocket. I chose to wear something simple but stylish. I didn't feel it was too necessary to dress up but I still like looking pretty nice. I was wearing a black jean jacket, over top of a read zip up sweater, over top of a white shirt with black jeans. I usually pair that with a hat or something but I decided not too today. To replace my hat I simply put up my hood.

I sighed deeply as I slipped on my shoes, gripping the door knob for support so I don't wobble over. Out of habit I checked my phone once more before heading out the door, locking it behind me. Another reason I work at the coffee shop I do, is because it is extremely close to home. I live with my mother in a small apartment, first floor. Our building is right down the street from the coffee shop so I applied there for an easy walk.

Seeing it was a little chilly out I stuffed my hands into my jacket pockets and picked up my pace. It wasn't too cold, just enough to see your breath.

I reached the coffee shop and quickly opened the door to walk in. The sound of the bell on the door caused Chan, who was still behind the counter; to jump around startled.

"Hi there!" He shouted out of habit. When he noticed it was just me and sighed and hit his chest.

"Changbin you scared me half to death!" He laughed and leaned on the counter in front of him.

I bowed and apologized, walking up to the counter.

"Felix and Hyunjin aren't here yet," he stated and switched positions to cross his arms.

That was something about Chan that was noticeable. He had a hard time sitting/standing still. I personally think it's because he is non-stop on his feet. He never rests or takes breaks, it's always busy with him.

"I can see that," I chuckled lightly and peered around the store, "slow?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, dead," he nodded and pursed his lips.

I wasn't surprised to hear that, it was a Tuesday night after all. The beginning of the week was always slow for us.

The bell on the front door rang, signalling someone entered. Chan looked around me to see who it could be.

"Ah Woojin!" He smiled and waved.

"Hello!" He cheered and waved back, "Changbin," he nodded at me with a warm smile.

"Hello," I answered and bowed slightly.

"No Felix?" Woojin asked looking around.

"Nope, not yet," Chan replied and crossed his arms again.

I honestly wasn't mentally prepared for tonight at all. I had no idea where we were all meeting up either. I was still pretty upset about Jisung turning me down for the millionth time again for that darn boyfriend of his. Though disappointed, I was not surprised.

"You excited, Changbin?" Woojin asked me.

I stuttered out a 'sure' and nodded hesitantly. I'm positive that answer wasn't convincing at all but, what can you do?

Woojin only laughed and nodded in agreement, "I don't usually go out with people these days so it will be new for me as well," He reassured me while patting my shoulder.

"Yeah same! The last person I hung out with was probably last week!" Chan laughed.

I gave him a slight eye roll and said, "yeah, because that's so long ago."

"Hey! It is for me!" He touched his chest pretending to be offended.

With that the bell on the door rung, another person walking in. I turned around to make eye contact with the one and only, Felix.

"Oi! Bang Chan!" He shouted raising his hands in the air.

"Oi Lee Felix!" Chan shouted back. I watched as Chan came out from behind the counter to pull Felix into a hug. It was one of those 'no homo' hugs, featuring a pat on the back. It was a strange way to greet each other if I do say so myself.

"Hello Changbin."

I jumped slightly at the sound of someone's voice behind me. When I turned, Hyunjin was standing there with a warm smile.

"Gosh, you scared me," I sighed and felt my chest, my heart beating incredibly fast.

He apologized, his smile still plastered on his face, "are you excited?" He repeated Woojin's question from earlier.

"Hmmm, I wouldn't say excited is how I feel right now," I chuckled and put my hands in my jacket pockets.

"Well I think this will be fun," he gave a curt nod and looked up to the other three who were chatting amongst themselves.

"Also, it's nice to see that you look good in something other then your work uniform," Hyunjin said and walked toward the three.

I was shocked that he said that, mostly because I didn't know if he was complimenting me or just being nice. I quickly shook that thought out of my head and glanced at Felix. He hasn't even looked at me since they walked in, and I wondered why that was.

"Okay!" Felix said and clapped his hands together, "Shall we?"

"Yes!" Chan said and pumped his fist in the air.

"Alright lets go!" Felix cheered and guided everyone out.

I purposely let everyone go in front of me so I could say hello to Felix, but he didn't even spare me a glance as he walked right out of the shop.

"Ah shoot! I gotta quick lock up," Chan said as he reached behind him to untie his apron.

"On second guys," he chuckled and headed back through the door.

I was still inside, peering out at the others.

"What're you doing Changbin? I'm closing up, get out," he jokingly pushed my shoulder.

I nodded and pushed the door open, walking outside. Hyunjin and Woojin were speaking and Felix was nodded listening to there conversation. That's when his eyes flickered my way only for a short second. My eyebrows knotted in confusion, but I decided to leave it alone.

"Alright sorry guys, lets go!"