Chapter 7: Felix

Felix 🖕🏻
Mr Grumpyyyyyyyyyyy

Mr Grumpy😜
What?

Felix🖕🏻
Do you work todayyyyy?

Mr Grumpy😜
No.

Felix🖕🏻
Aw man 🙁

Mr Grumpy😜
Why?

Felix🖕🏻
Hyunjin and I are going
to the coffee shop today
and I was hoping we
could meet up 😬

Mr Grumpy😜
No.

Felix🖕🏻
So mean.....

Mr Grumpy😜
I don't work so I'm not
gonna show up to the
shop on my day off.

Felix🖕🏻
Might as well cancel
on him then😐

Mr Grumpy😜
I gtg

Felix🖕🏻
Huh?

Sent 10:25 am

Okay then 😐

Sent 10:37 am

__________

I felt a little bad that I lied to Felix like that but...I really don't want to meet him. He isn't bad to text once and a while but I don't think I could handle him as a day to day friend.

I shook my head ridding my thoughts of Felix and secured my apron around my waist.

"Changbin where is your hat?"

I looked to the right only to see my supervisor Chan pointing to my head. I cursed and let out a sigh.

"I guess I forgot it..." I trailed off. If I wasn't so distracted texting Felix I wouldn't have forgot.

"Again?" He laughed and crossed his arms.

I nodded and pulled my name tag out of my bag. Lately I've been really sidetracked by stupid trivial things. Like forgetting my hat, or my name tag, or dumping coffee everywhere.

"I'll go grab you an extra, don't forget again okay?" He said and walked into the managers office.

I put my name tag on my shirt, feeling a stinging pain on my index finger. I looked and saw a pin needle amount of blood surfacing. Sighing I turned around to the first aid kit they keep in the locker room and I pulled out a bandaid.

The bandaids we have aren't very good and tend to fall off quickly, but I have to wear one regardless.

"Here ya go," Chan came back and placed the hat on my head.

I mumbled a thank you and went to start my shift. After clocking in, I head straight to the cash register. That being my position for today. I hate being the cashier very, very much. If I preferred anything here it'd be dishwashing, but we have a specific person for that now.

"Hi, how can I help you!" I smiled asking to take the persons order.

"Hey Changbin!" He smiled warmly. That's when I recognized him as Hyunjin.

My heart beat automatically started speeding up. Felix said he was with him today. I glanced at the boy beside him. He had dark hair with a red tint to it and the two were around the same height.

"What can I get for you today, Hyunjin," I smiled, my mouth turning dry. What if this boy with him is Felix?

Hyunjin said his order, four drinks in total along with two deserts.

"Names?" I asked, picking up the marker ready to name the cups. My hand was shaking incredibly fast. I didn't know why I was so worked up for this, it isn't like Felix would know it's me? He'd learn my name at most.

"That one is mine," he pointed, "and this one is Seungmin's," he said and put a hand on the guys shoulder who stood next to him.

"Ah your Seungmin?" I asked, not thinking. A blush then came to my cheeks and I marked his cup. I felt a sense of relief knowing that Felix wasn't with him.

"Oh, yes I am," he laughed and took his drinks quickly bowing.

"And these two?" I asked clearing my throat.

"Jeongin and Felix," he said. My breath hitched and I quickly wrote the names down on the cups. Well needless to say, the relief is completely gone.

I was slightly confused though seeing Felix said he was going to cancel on them. Maybe he saw right through my lie and came anyway? I thought.

"Okay you can go have a seat and we will bring the deserts out to your table," I said, quickly turning around to make the deserts.

Out of curiosity, I glanced at the table. I saw Hyunjin, Seungmin and Jeongin but no sign of a fourth guy. Out of process of elimination, I knew the fourth would obviously be Felix seeing I know the other three's looks. I finished the deserts and turned around to go bring them to the table.

I stopped in my tracks when I came face to face with a boy. He was taller then me but not by much and he had freckles covering the apples of his cheeks.

"Excuse me are those for Hyunjin?" He asked. He had an incredibly deep voice that left me speechless. It didn't match his looks at all.

All I could do was pathetically nod at him. That caused him too chuckle and say, "Here I'll take them, I'm with them."

I nodded again letting him take the deserts from hands. I was going to argue with him saying it's no trouble but then it hit me. That was Felix.