Twenty-seven • Moon

Start from the beginning

The mate bond.

It made me remember the emotions I had. That even as I looked at him like my own brother, I loved him deeply. Sure, I was five and I did not understand anything but I knew what I felt. I was too young to know what it was. Later on, I called it love.

After what felt like hours of agonizing confusion. I didn't realize that we were walking towards a forest while Dimitrius still held my hand. He must have understood what happened to me since he did not utter a single word.

When we reached a clearing, I sat on one of the logs and watched as Dimitrius walked towards a tree. "What are you doing?" I asked him but he just looked at me with his eyes flickering from blue to red.

"You have to run!" He screamed in a deeper voice than usual. What was happening?

"What's happening, Dimitrius?" I tried to ask calmly but my voice sounded in a shaky whisper. He was slowly scaring me and I could not hide that fact.

My eyes darted to the moon and that's when I realized. It was a full moon. The phase where all supernatural creatures lose control of themselves. The night when humans hide behind their doors and close their eyes until the sun shines.

Tonight is the night when I should be nowhere near Dimitrius. Should I knew, would I choose to run away from him? I already know my answer but he does not.

"I did not know, Felicity. I'm sorry!" He said while holding the tree tighter. His control was slowly slipping away and his inner beast started walking towards me. "You have to go away!" He commanded but I stood frozen, ready to fight.

"I'm not going anywhere, Dimitrius. You have to fight it," I told him and his eyes lingered somewhere else or rather, someone else.

Were we already in my territory? What was a little girl doing by herself in the middle of nowhere especially on a full moon? What scared me the most was Dimitrius' stare at her. He was not going to lose control over me. His hunger, his thirst, his beast, all of which will be released over the girl's helpless soul.

She looked so young and pure. Something looked familiar in her but I couldn't distinguish it. In a flash, Dimitrius was already standing behind her.

"Dimitrius, no!" I screamed and ran towards the girl to protect her and not let her die. She doesn't deserve any of what was about to happen.

"Felicity, run!" He screamed but as he opened his mouth and I saw his fangs, I ran faster until I was able to push the girl away from him. He pierced my skin with his fangs and it felt like the most painful thing that has ever happened to me.

Dimitrius took large gulps of my blood while his hands held my neck and my back. I could feel myself getting paler every second. "Please stop," I pleaded but he sank in deeper.

All I could see was the moon above us, shining like a bright diamond. Reaching its apex, that's when Dimitrius gave in to the last of his control. He held me tighter while he drank more of my blood.

I fought the urge to scream, cry, and close my eyes. He is my mate, he wouldn't do anything to potentially kill me, right? Yet here he was, draining my life like it did not matter to him.

"Dimitrius, it hurts, please," I whispered more but it was too late. I did not see stars in the sky before but now, it all clouded my visions.

All I wanted was to sleep and I did. Closing my eyes peacefully, the last thing I saw was the little girl that I saved. She recognized me because she mouthed something that I could not understand much.

Before I fell into unconsciousness, she said, "Dominic sent me here, Queen Felicity."

It was his plan, to subject me to an unbearable pain that was caused by my own mate. That was the reason why it pained me like hell. Nothing was more painful than being hurt by the person you trusted the most.

But Dominic didn't know me as much as Dimitrius did. Even after this tragic death that Dimitrius is about to give me, it wouldn't stop me from ending the prophecy. Not even death would stop my vengeance.

I am Queen Felicity Lowell. I don't back down. I don't bow down to any King. I fight on my own. If Dominic thought that this would be the end of me, he thought wrong.

As Dimitrius drained the last drop of my blood, he also took my last ounce of trust in him. I thought that we were in this fight together but I also thought wrong.

Has Dimitrius forgotten? That before this date even started, I had his blood in my system. His own blood that would turn me to what he is after I face death. When my eyes closed, I remembered one thing.

I died as a human and I will rise as a vampire.

• • • • •

17.4K reads? Wow! We're so close to twenty thousand, thank you so much! Here's a longer chapter since I updated a little late. I hope you all liked it, honestly, did you expect that this would happen? Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share. Your support means the world to me!

1.) Did you like this chapter?

2.) Who was surprised?

3.) Who's sad that Dimitrius lost control?

4.) Do you think that Felicity will change?

5.) Tell me your favorite chapter of this book!

Just a heads up, this book is only chapters away from its climax so be ready! That's all, see you on the next update!