CHAPTER 31: 3rd Person's POV

It's been years since the last time I've seen Liam and everyone. The last time I saw them things didn't end so well. 

I have been gone travelling around the world, creating allies with rogues and several other packs. Recently, I've made a deal with my mate's, Melrose's sister's Alpha. He isn't the strongest but she assured me that they would be the perfect way to making my plan work in taking over the kingdom. 

As I walk into the little rundown cottage Melrose and I both live in for now, I see her washing some dishes.  

Right when I toss my duffel bag onto the couch, I make my way up behind her and wrap both my arms around her waist as I place a kiss on the spot I marked her at a couple of years ago. 

"Oh my god." She gasped and turned around. 

"Hey baby. I'm home." I tell her. 

We kiss one another and I pick her up as she wraps both her legs around my waist and throws her arms around my shoulders while continuing to kiss her as I then take her to our bedroom where we make up for some time. If you know what I mean. 

Afterwards, we have some dinner and sit at the table to talk a little bit about everything and how we are going to execute the plan. 

"So about Liam's mate. What's she like?" I ask Melrose. 

"Ughh." She rolls her eyes. "She is pathetic. She killed both of her parents. Which I don't see how since she's not that strong and you can tell is a huge pushover. She's a disgrace pretty much." She explains. 

"Hmmm....Well, Liam was always good at choosing the pathetic weak ones." I chuckle. 

"Why did you leave? I mean, we've all known each other since we were kids and after you left, I was kind of pissed off that you had left because you and him had an argument." She says sounding like she's still a little pissed off. 

"I know. But I can't tell you why." I tell her. 

"I know I know. I wouldn't understand." She says as she takes a sip of her wine. 

"Listen, Mel. I'm sorry for whatever hell I put you through and I regretted leaving you. But why don't we stop looking at the negative and be thankful that we found each other again and were mates." I tell her. 

"Yeah, after I ran into you from that trip in Italy I had taken with my cousin." She chuckles. 

"Do you seriously want to do this right now? I mean, I haven't seen you in a little over a year and now that I'm back, you want to argue by bringing up the past? I mean shit, how many times do I have to say 'sorry' and have to pay for that mistake?" I ask her a little agitated now. 

She looks at me for a moment as she takes in a breath and blows it out before replying. 

"You're right. I'm sorry. I've just been a little stressed is all." She tells me. 

"Well, don't be. I know you're worried about this plan failing but, it won't. Trust me." I assure her as I stand up and walk over towards her at the other end of the table and help her up with her hands. 

"I just don't think that it'll be as easy to convince Liam to leave. I mean, he's not the same person he was years ago when you left." She tells me. 

"I know him more than anybody. Believe me when I tell you that I know where to get him where it hurts him the most and might even kill him." I grin at her. 

"Okay." She smiles at me. 

"Hey, look at me." I ask her while lifting up her head and looking back into her eyes. "As long as you follow through with what all I've asked, it's gonna be okay and very soon, it'll be you me and our pack living in that castle." 

"And I will. How are we going to convince Liam though?" She asks. 

"We aren't going to, you are." I tell her. 

"But then how will you get to Astrid?" She asks. 

"By having you distract him, if the first idea doesn't work." I remind her. 

"Alright. When are we gonna do this?"

"You will begin with plan A, tomorrow. Then when I hear from you if it worked or not, we'll move foreword. If you are not able to get him to come with you, then tell me and I will take care of him. No matter what, we HAVE to do this tomorrow." I say. 

"Alright. And I think I know a way to convince him to leave. And I also believe that since Astrid is so dumb and gullible that she'll believe you. But, be sure not to let that slut touch you and get carried away." She warns me. 

"Don't worry. I don't want that bitch." I promise her. 

"I'm just saying, I don't trust her. Also, you're gonna need this." She tells me while she hands me a small bottle that she got off of a witch that'll help replicate the scent of Liam and fool Astrid into thinking it's him when really it isn't. 

"Perfect." I grin at her. "Everything will be perfect especially with the fact that both the king and queen will be gone for the day as well as everyone else. Damn, am I a genius! 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Don't worry friends, the next chapter we will see who this POV is from.