CHAPTER 7: Another Chance, Hopefully?

LIAM

It's been a few days since I have seen my mate and she actually is a lot harder to track down then I had thought she'd be. 

The day after the party, I went over to Jace's house where I heard she lived but when I arrived, I was greeted by one of Jace's Omega's who told me that she wasn't home. 

I tried calling her later on that night with the number Bullet gave me and then the next day but still, nothing each time. I know she lives there. Something doesn't seem right and I can't go back and focus on my Alpha duties until I see her again. 

While sitting in the office and going over a few ideas for how to protect the territory more, I hear a knock on the door and once I tell them to come in, I see it's Bullet. 

"Hey Alpha." He says while shutting the door behind him. 

"Hey." I tell him. 

"I wanted to see how you were doing?" He mentions. 

"I'm fine." I lie to him. 

"Come on bro. What's going on? You still thinking about your mate?" He asks. 

"How'd you know she was my mate?" I asked him surprised. 

"I could tell by the way you were looking at her. Besides, I also secretly was hoping she was." He smiles. 

"Yeah well, I can't seem to find her." I begin to tell him. 

"What do you mean? I gave you that address and her cell phone number." He reminds me. 

"Yeah well she hasn't picked up and when I went over to her house they said she wasn't home. Even the flowers I had sent to her was returned. I don't know. I think I may have blown it." I admit. 

"Shit. You didn't blow anything. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if her brother and that whole pack were behind this." He says nonchalantly. 

"What do you mean?" I asked him. 

"Remember that day Colin, Cedric and I went over for the dinner that you were supposed to go to?" He begins. 

"Yeah..." I reply. 

"Well, we noticed something and now that you know for sure she's your mate, I think you should know that the guys and I witnessed a few things that raised some concern." He starts to tell me. 

"Like what?" I asked while preparing myself mentally for what he was about to say. 

"Well, for example, him, his Luna and his pack. They all treat her like shit and are always looking at her in disgust. I wouldn't even be surprised if she was beaten everyday." He tells me with so much guilt. 

Both my wolf and I clenched my jaw and fists together trying to control ourselves from sprinting out the door right now and heading over there to kill Jace and his whole pack. 

"Are you sure?" I asked through gritted teeth. 

"Yes." He replies. 

"We need to get her out of there." I start telling him. 

"Yeah well, I don't necessarily think we can just walk up in there and slaughter them all. Even if that IS what we want to do." He chuckles. 

"Okay. Then what do you suggest?" I ask him while still trying to breathe and calm myself down a little bit. 

"Well, I originally came in here to let you know that Jace had called and invited us over to his house for dinner tomorrow night." He says. 

"What? Why?" I asked curiously. 

"He mentioned something about wanting to apologize for the other night at the Ball when Astrid acted the way she did."

"But she didn't do anything wrong." I looked at him almost furiously.

"True. But if you think about it, if we went over for dinner, maybe we could try and distract Jace and his guys, even find a way to distract Cherri so that way you could have some time alone with Astrid and then try to explain." He smiles. 

"Really? Do you think that will actually work?" I asked with concern. 

"Do you want her to be with you or not?" He asks with his arms crossed in front of his chest as he looks at me with a raised eyebrow. 

I look at him not sure this is really a good idea but on the other hand at the same time, I can't think of anything else. So fuck it, might as well trust him and go along with it.

Hopefully this all works out the way he's saying it will. I do trust him and most of the time (more times than I'd like to admit) he is right. In fact, I bet he has something up his sleeve as he gave me one of his infamous looks that told me he had a plan. 

Man, I never thought I'd find my mate and thought it was hopeless but then I met Astrid and it seemed like in that moment that everything changed. 

Even my wolf right now is excited we get to see our mate tomorrow. Fingers crossed, it all goes well though. Because if what Bullet says is true about what him and my guys saw my mate being treated, I'm not sure I'd be able to keep my cool. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)