CHAPTER 10: No More!!!!!

ASTRID

Did the Alpha just ask me to join them for dinner? Oh my god, what the hell do I say? Why haven't I responded yet? I must look stupid just standing here saying and doing nothing. I just need to calm the hell down, I tell myself.

I am brought back to present after I hear Jace tell me to sit. Although not very nicely might I add, more in a demanding tone.

However, I don't want to waste this moment. I mean, I do need to apologize to Alpha Liam for the other night. 

Right as I was about to go inside to grab another seat, I hear Bullet stand up and pull out his chair that's seated right next to Alpha Liam and offer it to me.

"Please, take my seat and I'll go grab an extra chair. I can't stand eating next to this guy." Bullet teases Liam as he points behind him.

"Okay." I reply while trying not to blush as I can see that Liam is still staring at me with a smile on his face.

What happened next I never thought I would see the day as everyone passed the food around and we all put food on our plates and then before eating, Alpha looked at Jace as he noticed him, Cherri and his guys were grabbing their forks and knives getting ready to start eating when Liam clears his throat loud enough, causing everyone to stop and look at him. 

"It is very rude to begin eating without the Luna taking the first bite." He tells them irritatingly. 

I jumped a little at the sound of his voice as I knew what happened when people sounded that angry. His was more like a growl.

I then hear Bullet tell Cherri, "I believe he was talking about Astrid." He tells her. 

"But she isn't a Luna." Cherri fires towards me with so much disgust in her voice. 

"Well, SHE's the one that made the dinner, something you should have done but didn't, nor did you help, so SHE gets to take the first bite, regardless." He glares at Cherri. 

"Just, let her take the first bite." Jace tells her. 

Cherri just rolls her eyes and glares at me again like a kid that just now got in trouble and was pissed off at whoever told on her. 

I notice after that Liam looking at me and smiles. I return a smile back to him while he in return also nodded at me to let me know I could go ahead and take the first bite. 

So I pick up my fork and knife and begin to cut a piece of steak up then right as I place the first juicy bite into my mouth, I start to smile a little bit as I can't remember since the last time I had a hot plate of food that I didn't have to reheat first. Then I noticed  everyone else begin eating.

Throughout the rest of the dinner, I couldn't stop but notice Liam look at me most of the time even when there were awkward moments of silence surrounding us more than conversation. Although, even when everybody did talk, it was about random stuff just so we could be nice and civil.

During the middle of dinner, while Bullet was talking to one of Jace's guys, I felt Liam's hand touch my thigh and as I looked at him and all I could see was him looking at me and smiling, to which I couldn't help but return the smile as I placed my hand gently onto his and then felt him inlace our fingers together.

I'm not sure why I just went with it when just the other night I had slapped him from grabbing my wrist but yet, then again, he is my mate and for some reason, I feel safe with him.

After we all were finished eating we all sat around a little while longer until my brother finally brought up the real reason in why he invited Liam in the first place. And to be honest, Jace had me jump a little as though he had caught us holding hands and I was going to be in trouble for it. However, it was the opposite.

"So I wanted to apologize for my sister's behavior the other night at the Ball." He says.

"It's okay. In fact, she had every right to react the way she did. So if anyone should be apologizing, it's me." Liam tells him before looking back at me.

I could see out the corner of my eye, Jace's jaw clenching and his grip on his drinking glass was about to break from him squeezing onto it real tightly.

I decided to try and prevent from any awkward silence between all of us happening, so I let go of Liam's hand and could hear my wolf whimper a little bit, as well as Liam too.

I smile at him as I collect the plates and wink at him before heading inside to get the dessert.

After clearing the table, I make my way into the kitchen to grab the platter that had the homemade cheesecake I had made on it and started to cut slices for everyone when suddenly I feel myself being roughly turned around only to face Jace.

"What the hell do you think you're doing out there huh? Trying to humiliate me again?!" He yells at me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused while also trying to break free from his grasp.

"I'm talking about you touching and flirting with Alpha Liam. You didn't think I'd notice? Well I did as well as everyone else in the pack as Jimmy noticed you two were when he bent down to grab his fork he dropped and then mind-linked us about it. So my dear sister, since you can't stop whoring yourself and making me look bad, I think it's time you should go upstairs and stay in your room for the rest of the night. I'll be up later after they leave to punish you." He threatens through gritted teeth.

I'm not sure what happened next but I know one thing, my wolf, Amethyst wasn't allowing this behavior anymore to continue.

"No!" I said to him while releasing my wrists from his grasp.

"What the hell did you just say? Are you seriously gonna fucking talk back to me?!" He asks furiously.

"I am not gonna do what you say, anymore. I'm not a little girl and I'm not weak. So you can go fuck yourself." My wolf says to him only it came out of my human mouth. Which caused me to return into the moment and quickly cover my mouth up since I don't know why I said that.

"Ohh, you're asking for it now." He grins.

"I'm sorry...." I began but got cut off as the next thing I feel is a strong hard punch to the face that knocks me onto the ground.

He grabs my hair and pulls me up and has me stand before punching me hard in the stomach. Right before he was about to hit me again, while still holding onto my hair, somebody grabbed his wrist and then in a flash right away turned Jace around to face them as he now had had his hand around Jace's throat with a growl.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Don't worry, there will be a little fight at the beginning of the next chapter. ;)