Chapter 64

Dave hadn't set his guitar down since noon. "Sweetie, don't you want to take a break?"

He let out a sigh of frustration as he strummed random chords. "I had a dream last night and I heard an amazing riff. I don't remember the whole thing and it's driving me nuts."

"If it stood out to you that much, it will come back to you. Trust me, you'll remember and it'll click."

"I hope you're right. "

I smiled at him as I grabbed my coat. "I need to run to the grocery store, I'm out of butter. Do you need anything?"

"Actually, " Dave stood and cleared his throat. "I need to run home real quick. How about I just pick some up on the way back?"

"That would be great," I exclaimed as I hugged him. "I've been wanting to bake petit fours, but I haven't had the time."

"Well, get started," he winked. "I'll be back soon."

"See you in a bit," I waved as he stepped out the door.

I was busy starting the recipe when I heard a knock on the door. That's funny. Dave knows he doesn't need to knock.

I wiped my hands on my apron and headed to the front door. Maybe his hands are full.

I opened the door, unsure of what was going on. The air caught in my throat and it felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my skull.

"Hi, Bella."

I was speechless, frozen in place. No, no, no, this wasn't happening. Finally, I recovered.

"Lars, hi. What are you doing here?"