Chapter 13

It had been 2 days since I'd seen Lars, and I really did miss him. My life seemed kind of boring without all of those guys. In the afternoon I was busy baking some blueberry muffins when I heard a knock at the door. Who is that? Maybe the neighbors? Guess I'll have to find out.

I slowly opened the door to be greeted by a smiling Lars. "Whoa, hey, what are you doing here," I chortled.

"Oh, y'know, just checking on you."

Checking on me? No one's checked on me before... "Well, come in! I'm in baking mode, so it's a bit of a mess..."

"It smells great in here," he exclaimed. "Blueberry muffins are my favorite!"

"Here, have one," I offered as I popped the still-warm cake out of the tin.

"Thank you so much," he gushed as he sat down at the island and bit into it. "This is amazing!"

I blushed. "Thank you, it's my great grandmother's recipe."

"She knows what's up!"

"How are the guys," I asked curiously while pouring more batter into the tins.

"Oh, they're good. Jason is on a little road trip, Kirk is going to some horror show, and James is at Elle's."

I about poured batter all over the counter. "James is at Elle's?"

My eyes were open wide, and I think I scared him a little bit. "Um, yes?"

"Haha, good for them!"

"Yeah, I think James wants to make it official today..."

"Omg, I can't believe it," I giggled like a 5 year old girl. "Elle's had a crush on him her whole life and now they're gonna be official!"

"Yep, good for them..."

I realized that I didn't ask how he was. "How have you been?"

"Oh, ok, I guess. Just a little bored."

"Bored? How can you be bored?"

"Well, we all usually do our own things. I know it seems crazy, but we aren't connected at the hips."

"Aw, I'm sorry. Sounds like you need some excitement!"

"Me?"

"No, Dave."

"Ooh, that was low," he chuckled.

"Let's do something!"

"Like what?"

"I don't know, go somewhere!"

"I don't know, people know who I am, and it wouldn't be fun for you..."

I never thought of that. "Ok, well, maybe a movie's on!"

I flipped through the channels. The only good thing that was on was Maximum Overdrive. I hate that movie.

"Looks like nothing great is on," he sighed.

I turned it off. "Oh well. Any ideas?"

"Let's just talk."

"Talk?"

"Yep, just like what we're doing right now."

"Ok."

"I, um... Never got to finish what I was trying to tell you the other night."

Oh, right. Dumbass Kirk started yelling at us. "Oh, yeah, continue!"

He fiddled with his thumbs as he looked down at the ground. I sat by him on the couch, making sure he knew I was interested.

"I know you probably don't feel the same, and that's ok. I just want to tell you." He turned to face me. "I really like you. I have since the moment I laid my eyes on you."

I was speechless. My dumb ass didn't know what to say. "Lars, I-"

"I'm sorry, I'll go now," he quickly apologized as he got up and headed towards the door.

"What? Lars, what the fuck, you didn't even let me react," I yelped as I hurried to catch up with him.

"I already know how you're going to react. You're going to be like-"

My lips crashed against his as I stopped his negative thought mid-sentence. He seemed shocked and tense at first, but relaxed as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I was feeling bold and cupped his face as I became sucked into the kiss. His lips were so soft, and he was so gentle. I could hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears as he tenderly sucked on my bottom lip before pulling apart. "Fuck," he breathed as he looked into my eyes. "Now I wish I would of said it sooner."

"You're adorable," I cooed as I pecked his lips again.

"Oh, god. You're so beautiful."

I chuckled at him. Then, I remembered. "Oh, no, my muffins," I squeaked as I hustled over to the oven.

"Are they burnt," he cautiously asked.

"No, I caught them just in time," I breathed a sigh of relief as I studied them.

I picked one up and took a bite. "Want some," I offered.

"Of course," he chuckled as he stepped forward.

I fed it to him. It was actually pretty sexy, the way he accepted it. We were moving pretty fast for just kissing 5 minutes ago. "Wanna go see Elle and James,", I suggested, still love-drunk.

"Of course," he agreed. "But I'm driving."

I grabbed his hand as we walked to his car. "Oh, by the way, I noticed you kept staring at my ass last night," I smirked.

"I was not!"

"Yes you were," I cooed as we got in. "Even Jason said something."

"It wasn't just your ass, it was the whole package, good grief!"

"It's ok, I was checking you out, too."

He beamed at that. "So does that mean we're..."

"If you want to..."

"Fuck yes I do," he growled while kissing me again.

"Don't say anything to anyone, we'll let them figure it out!"