Chapter 9

"Elle," I squeaked, "I'm nervous."

"You'll be fine," she reassured while curling the last section of my hair.

"I've never been to something like this, though. I don't know how to act, I've been a backyard BBQ girl my whole life!"

She chuckled at my panic. "Lars will help you."

Oh yeah, I forgot I was going with Mr. Douche. Maybe some other girl will catch him pissing in the corner and he'll follow her instead of me.

"I can't believe I let James talk me into going with him."

"Haha, I can't believe I'm going with James," Elle sighed dreamily. "He's gorgeous!"

"At least you like the dude you're going with."

"Oh, please, Bella, get over it! He's apologized 10 times, I've kept track! He regrets it."

"How do you know?"

"OH MY GOD IT'S OBVIOUS," Elle screeched. "Bella, he likes you, how can he be rude to you?!"

"Well, he is-" Wait, did she just say he likes me?

She set the iron down and shook her head. "Isn't it obvious? He's been keeping tabs on you. He'll have James ask me how you are just so he doesn't come on too strong... He talks about you all the time, and he hasn't had anything to do with a girl since he met you, and let's be realistic here, Lars likes the ladies."

"He likes me?" I was in disbelief. "No he doesn't!"

"Oh my God Bella, just keep telling yourself that."

"He feels bad, Elle."

With a strangled sigh, she left the room. "You better finish up, they'll be here in 15 minutes."