Chapter 15

"Elle didn't mention anything about dating James," I brought up to Lars as he began driving me home.

"James didn't say anything, either. They must not be yet."

This puzzled me. "That's strange, they seem really into each other."

"I don't know," he sighed, rubbing his left temple. "James​ might be waiting to ask."

We pulled up to the front of my house. "So, where are you going?"

"Well, I'm gonna crash once I get to the hotel-"

"Hotel? Why don't you just stay here?"

"Stay here? Oh, no, I won't make you do that!"

"It's not a problem, I'd love to have you! Please stay."

He smiled softly. "Alright, alright, if you insist."

"Yay, good," I squealed as I kissed him on the nose. "You have your luggage, right?"

"Yep, I've got everything."

I helped him haul all of his stuff inside, which was only three bags. "I really do appreciate this," he thanked me. "This is much better than a lonely hotel room."

"I'd hope it is" I teased.

I showed him to the guest bedroom and left him to get his things settled. I freshened up in my bathroom and changed into my usual PJs, a band tee and some shorts. I actually forgot that Metallica's drummer was spending the night in my house, and that I was dating him.

I daydreamed as I combed my hair. He's so cute. I feel like I've been dating him for months.

"Bella," I heard him call from the hall.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you could help me with this please..."

He stepped into my bedroom, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. My eyes immediately focused on his toned arms and broad shoulders, as well as the rest of his body.

"Can you help me undo this? I always have a hell of a time..."

He turned around and pulled his hair to the side, showing me the clasp to his Arrowhead necklace. I was focused on his smooth, tan, muscular back.

"Of course," I somehow managed to get out.

Jesus Christ. I was careful not to touch him as my fingers trembled to undo it.
"There you go," I chuckled awkwardly.

"Thanks. Hey, Motörhead!"

I glanced down at my shirt, realizing that I didn't even see which one I grabbed.

"Can I have it," he joked.

"Go take a shower," I scoffed as I gently pushed him towards the door.