Dance Class

Description: After losing a bet to Amaimon, Mephisto is forced to ask the cram school teachers to give dance lessons to the exwires. However, Shura is quite lacking in dancing skills, can Yukio teach her?

Notes: They're really close here. Rated G, fluffy

✖️✖️✖️

"-so please cope with this, cram school teachers, since its only for the rest of the school year and I plan to never lose to Amaimon again."

"Yeah right, Nii~"

Mephisto and Amaimon's bickering was sent over the school's PA system while Yukio and Shura stood in the faculty office, mouths agape from surprise.

"Do we really have to do this?" Shura grumbled after composing themselves, she and Yukio were eating lunch in the office. "I guess," the sea-eyed exorcist said through a mouthful of teriyaki. "Why do ya sound like you have absolutely no problem with this, eh Scaredy? Usually you'd be frustrated." Shura smirked, kicking his side teasingly. He shot her a look but that expression quickly changed to a grin. "I can do more than you think." he chuckled. "Wait a sec, are ya telling me you know how to dance?" the fire haired woman almost choked on her ramen. Yukio stayed silent but kept the grin on his face.

-Day 1 of dance class-

So far Shura had found it easy to keep up with teaching dance moves, especially if they're just arm and leg movements. But in actual styles, she was hopeless. The worst one, for her, was the waltz. She was supposed to demonstrate it with Yukio. "Ow," he said, pushing up his glasses. "Shura, you're stepping on me," the male exorcist bit his lip. "It's hard okay?" she hissed at him, frustrated and cheeks flushed. At some point, Shura just sat down to watch them. They were learning so quickly. Shiemi and Rin were maneuvering themselves so well- she was surprised Rin handled Shiemi so gracefully, her expectations of him trampling all over her were false- Shima and Izumo were doing great too.

Since that was the last period of the day, Shura walked out of the room to drink water. As she gulped the H2O, a light grasp was suddenly on her hand. She looked up in surprise.

"Yukio?" the female exorcist was so surprised she forgot to use her favorite nickname for the determined guy in front of her. "Come on, I'll help you learn how to dance," he sighed, dragging her to the training center. "Why in Satan's name are ya taking me to the training center to DANCE?" she asked him, sitting on a bench. "Do you want to make an idiot out of yourself in dance class or not?" the dark-haired exorcist took his jacket off and set it down beside a radio. "Ugh fine," Shura muttered. "Waltz isn't up your alley right?" he confirmed. "Yeah," she replied, crossing her arms.

Yukio nodded and proceeded to lead Shura to the middle of the room, placing his palm on hers, while his other hand rested on her waist. Shura flinched. She hadn't quite thought about how warm his touch was. She shook the thoughts off and got a firm grip on his shoulder, while she interlocked her other fingers with his. "Just step once," Yukio whispered, the tension in the room growing. They were both flustered under the other's gaze.

Shura got used to the dancing after a while, now gracefully moving with her partner. They danced until the song ended, and Yukio bent down to dip her. Their faces were inching closer together, faces growing warm. So close. So teasingly close.

The door slammed open. "Hey guys!" Rin hollered, running in. The noise surprised both of the exorcists and caused Yukio to drop Shura. "Ow!" she fell, quickly getting up and rubbing her back. "What was that for? Yer not as strong as I thought ya are," the purple-orbed exorcist teased and punched Foureyes on the shoulder. "Hi nii-san," he mumbled. "Did I interrupt something?" The half demon asked. The older exorcists looked at each other and Shura replied, "No, just our dance class.."

✖️✖️✖️

Playlist:

Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran