2) The therapist

Začít od začátku

Peťula (4:06):
I'm not worried about him.

Well. That made more sense.

Me (4:07):
I wasn't hurt either.

Except for few bruises. And maybe a little concussion. And broken heart. Twice. Or three times.

Peťula (4:08):
It looks like he's almost died, so somehow I doubt that. I'm not only talking broken bones and stuff.

Me (4:08):
I'm fine.

Peťula (4:08):
Try again.

Me (4:09):
He's out there every night, sticking his neck out. This wasn't any different.

Lie, lie, lie. This was way different, everything had changed, he hadn't stuck his neck out, he had laid it under the blade of a freaking guillotine, willingly, doing a grand gesture for his former lover, for his love. Vera felt the icy shiver running down her spine, nausea building in her stomach. She wanted to puke. And cry. And hit something. She squeezed her eyes shut, ignoring the received text for a while, getting her shit together. She was tempted to just turn her phone off and bury herself in the covers of her new bed.

Peťula (4:09):
This was something more, Mechy-girl. I can tell. How are you doing?

The only worse question her brother could have asked was 'Are you okay.' She had no idea how to respond.

Me (4:13):
Staying at friend's.

Peťula (4:13):
Terri's?

She could have just said yes and she would be off the hook probably, he would let her be and she could continue her pity party. She didn't. Maybe she was a masochist. Maybe she needed to talk about it, but without facing the person she would talk to...

Me (4:14):
Not exactly.

Peťula (4:14):
Are you in Starling City?

Vera stared at the words, unable to form her own. What? What. The. Actual. Hell? How could he possibly know that?!

Peťula (4:14):
With the other costumed guy. Bow and arrows? Really?

She went to defensive mood immediately. Oliver was an amazing guy, a hero and a saint.

Me (4:15):
He saved Matt's life.

Peťula (4:15):
Fair. So you're staying with him.

Me (4:17):
Yes.

She considered denying it. But why lie? It wasn't like Petr would tell any— oh crap.

Me (4:17):
Don't tell Matt if he contacts you.

Peťula (4:17):
HE DOESN'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?!

Vera looked up from the angry letters. Well. About that.

Me (4:18):
...no.

Peťula (4:18):
What the actual hell, Verčo?

Me (4:19):
He's not my guard dog, Petře.

Peťula (4:19):
What does that mean? He's probably scared shitless.

Vera had no idea and she frankly didn't want to have one. Maybe he was. Maybe he was not. Maybe he was sad she left. Maybe he was pissed at her, beating the shit out of the bags at Fogwell's, or out of someone on the streets. Maybe he was grieving for someone else. Maybe he was a messy bundle of emotions he couldn't quite name, just like her. Maybe, maybe...