이십일

minghao couldn't help but notice how fast the time flew. it had been over a month ever since jun fell into a coma.

     even with the extra art classes and the lectures he had to attend at college, he really never left the older's side.

     "when do you think he'll wake up...? ". minghao let out weak chuckle. "soon... hopefully".

     mingyu pursed his lips. as they walked towards jun's ward, several nurses and doctors were suddenly running ahead of them. minghao frowned. they were rushing to enter jun's room.

     "doctor, he's waking up! ".

     minghao stopped, frozen in his tracks as the said words ringed in his head.

     mingyu looked at minghao wide eyed as he too realised the situation. minghao's grip on his arm tightened.

     "m-mingyu... ".

     minghao felt his heart beat rapidly. was it true? that jun was finally waking up?

     "can you go and see if he's a-awake...?", minghao managed to say. mingyu nodded and he made his way into the older's room.

     minghao leaned his back against the wall, trying his best to hold in the tears as he calmed himself.

     mingyu soon came out of the room. his expression showed relief as he engulfed minghao in a hug. the chinese latter let out a contented sigh.

     "don't you want to see him?", mingyu questioned.

     the two friends were sitting at the waiting area. minghao was contemplating on whether he deserved to see his boyfriend.

     minghao looked down at the small bouquet of flowers he had bought for the older. he brought it up and smelled it, fiddling with the flowers.

     sure he had been waiting for jun's awake for a long time, but somehow he felt that he wasn't ready to face him now.

     "he'll be fine... without me", minghao finally said, a sad smile on his lips.

     "can you give these to him for me? ", minghao handed the bouquet of flowers to mingyu. mingyu was puzzled but he soon agreed to help anyway.

     minghao then stood up, stuffing his hands into his pocket and let out a sigh.

     "you sure you'll be okay? ", mingyu asked.

     "of course i will", minghao hummed with a chuckle. "i'll be going now", minghao said, embracing his best friend in a warm hug.

     soon enough, minghao was outside of the hospital. he had flagged a taxi and was already on his way home.

     during the journey home, his mind lingered on two thoughts. junhui and his life career.

     minghao had about a week's time to think about renting that studio. he did come to a conclusion. he'd put his savings into this career and hope for the best.

     what about jun?

     minghoa wasn't so sure himself. he wanted to see him. he was desperate. but did minghao deserve to see the face of the person whose heart was broken because of him?

     minghao had shed too many tears for his own living.

     mingyu knocked on the room door, entering it to see a well awake jun on the bed. he was sitting upright and staring out the window.

     "jun... ", mingyu called out for him. the older beamed upon the sight of his friend.

     "how are you feeling? ". jun chuckled. "i'm fine", he smiled assuringly. he then looked around, as if trying to search for something.

     "is... minghao here with you? ", jun soon asked. mingyu pursed his lips.

     "about that... ", mingyu started. "he left some flowers for you", the latter placed the small bouquet of flowers in the older's hands. jun only gazed at it, not knowing what response was appropriate.

     "he never left your side", mingyu said, hoping it would lift the atmosphere. "he was here all day and night, really".

      jun slowly looked up at mingyu, his eyes showed all the melancholy he was feeling.

     "wen junhui!".

     the two heard the sudden shout of the chinese latter's name.

     soonyoung came running into the room and literally pounced onto his friend for a hug. jun cracked into a small smile as he hugged the other in the seemingly most uncomfortable position.

     "soonyoung, get off him! he just woke up! ", another voice suddenly said and soon enough; jihoon, wonwoo and even seokmin appeared in the room.

     jun managed a smile upon the arrival of his friends. they bombarded him with questions like 'how are you?' , 'do you remember me?' , 'can you walk?' and other pointless ones.

     even when surrounded by his beloved friends, he felt empty. why? the one person he eagered to see the most.

     where was he?

a/n : w00p w00p also yeas i changed my username to seomyunghao :))))))

guys if i did a q&a session for the characters of this story would you participate in it??